• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. AustinLancer

Bull Ring Car Park

On You Tube there is a clip entitled birminghams bull ring-1964 to 1999-before demolision. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUIr2UWHMkM&feature=related At about 2 min mark a couple in a red Austin 1100 pull into the Bull Ring multi storey car park off the Queensway , where in an operator...
  2. AustinLancer

Birmingham Factory Football Teams

Apologies if this is already answered. I noticed that Ron Atkinson once played for the BSA Tools team. Does anyone know any good web sites that list the history of "Works" teams in the West Midlands?
  3. AustinLancer

Royal Warwickshire 1/8 Battalion

Hi from Australia. I am trying to find out about the 1/8th Battalion Royal Warwickshire Regiment in WW1. A relative of mine, Private A H Eade, was killed of 4 November 1918 and is burried at Landrecies British Cemetery (according to CWGC website) which I believe is in France or Belgium...
  4. AustinLancer

Rover Motor Works Coventry memorial

Greetings from Australia. My grandmother's uncle from Smethwick, Sapper H Grew, Royal Engineers was killled on the Western Front on 31 May 1917. His death notice in the local paper "The Smethwick Telephone" states he was formerly employed at the Rover Works Coventry. Would anyone know if...
  5. AustinLancer

Radio Gramaphone Developments

Greetings from Australia Would any one have any information re the radio/tv company Radio Gramaphone Developments ? I understand they were from 1929 at the Globe Works, Newtown Row Birmingham 6, until bombed in WW2, moving to Bridgnorth until taken over in 1952 by Regentone.
Back