• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

Hurley family Aston

Re: Searching Hurley family Aston I would like to thank everyone for being so kind and helpful :excitement: My Hurley / Felkin tree causes me such a headache ! It never ceases to amaze me how and where you find all your information . I seem to Hunt around for endless hours and come up with...
  2. T

Hurley family Aston

Re: Searching Hurley family Aston Can i thank all of you who have searched and reply to my question,re The Hurley family . You are a group of very patient and kind people who help people like me make some progree with our family tree ;0 many thanks again
  3. T

Hurley family Aston

Re: Searching Hurley family Aston Many thanks for all your help and information ,you never cease to amaze me ,
  4. T

Hurley family Aston

Re: Searching Hurley family Aston Really appreciate your help :biggrin: Thank you
  5. T

Hurley family Aston

Re: Searching Hurley family Aston Many thanks for the imformation , would you mind telling me where you found it ,really appreciated your help :emmersed:
  6. T

Hurley family Aston

I am Looking for information on the Hurley family .My father was John R Hurley ; D O B 10 Oct 1935-1982 , he had a brother Neil ,not known if still alive ! My Grandfather was John joseph Hurley; D O B; Sept 1908-1976 buried Unknown ? He married ;Florence May (nee Felkin ) in 1930 ; ,year...
  7. T

Definition of “Brummie”, “Astonian” etc

Hello Liz , Oh :) i really do agree with all the above ,made me Smile thank you ;)
  8. T

One year old today

Think this sentiment has been expressed by both old ,sorry well established members :) and New ones like me ,looking forward to many more chats ,outings and memories to come ,x
  9. T

Astoness ( lyn )

Only met recently ,but so sorry to hear about your sad loss Lynn Gail and Steve
  10. T

Toy Shop Cape Hill

Hello all , According to my mother couple who ran this shop were related to my grandfather ,Cousins so I'm led to believe , However my mother can't remember names ;( All help is appreciated thank you all
  11. T

Toy Shop Cape Hill

Hello all . Can anyone remember a toy /model Shop on Cape Hill Birmingham , It was just passed the M & B brewery dates i remember it there was from early 1960's to late 1970 . Thanks in anticipation :wave:
  12. T

Southalls, HP, Lathems,The Valor, Osram, Expelair, Concentric Pumps

My aunt ,Gladys Palmer work at Southalls for a good few years ,She lived in in Moat House Road ,just off the Brookhill
  13. T

HEATH STREET - Before and After

Blimey !!! i live in Winson Street 1965 -77.forgot all about the Public Baths ,betting shop was on the Corner,Pub opposite name i have forgotten at moment ,GKN factory , Its amazing what does come back when you read these blogs , :)
  14. T

Canal Cruise (on the Day)

Hello All, Just home ,like the odd one or two people we decided to stop off for something to eat on the way home ,and it wasn't a Burger !!! A big thank you for making our first day with all you lovely people so much fun and making us feel very welcome ,thanks to Col for arranging it ;) Look...
  15. T

St Aidans Church Aston

Many Thanks Andy Regards Gail
  16. T

Bordesley green

my grandparents lived in Churchill road ,bordesley green ,both worked at East Birmingham Hospital ,my grandmother Gladys also worked at the Custard House ,where just for interest we had our own wedding do in 1976 ! my mother doctor was Dr Benbow ,I used to have a bank account and used a black...
  17. T

Where did you live

Nechells Place opposite Gas works (Smell was lovely ) Winson street ,Winson Green Court Oak Rd ,Quinton
  18. T

St Aidans Church Aston

Hello , Has any one got Photos or information about this Church please ? My Grandparents Albert Cleaver and Gladys nee Stanley ,were married there August 1925 Would appreciate any thing many thanks gail
  19. T

Russell Frederick

hello all . Just returning to searching my Russell Family tree .:confused: Is there anybody out there that could help please ? information i have is as follows Frederick Russell1880 - 1912 married Mary davies? married Birmingham Frederick Believed to be have been a Paviour and Fireman , Son...
  20. T

Birmingham buses

My husbands Father John Russell and Uncle Micheal Bradshaw were bus drivers on the outer /inner circle route i believe from Harborne bus depot . Both his mother Gladys Russell nee Savage and his Aunt Lucy Bradshaw nee Russell were Clippies , Sadly we only have lucy left now ,but we hear many...
Back