• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Virusman26

Rover Spares and Repairs, Stirchley. Former Art-Deco buildings.

Hi all. My first explore for a while due to family commitments, but well got the bug again now. Just down the road from me, and super easy. Set off the road, so not easily seen, but has been derelict for some time. 2 buildings make up the estate, one of which is very secure and totally burned...
  2. Virusman26

Tower cinema, West Brom

Hi all. After digging around, my dad managed to lay his hands on the following couple of pictures of the old Tower cinema in West brom. WHAT A PLACE!!!! Real Art Deco cinema, Gala bingo would have had a field day with this one!!! Quote from his email "Attached are a couple of photos of the...
  3. Virusman26

Wythall transport museum

Hi all. Due to family responsibilities, I've not been out and about as usual for a while. The last few weeks have been quite good to me with photography in mind, and we went along to the transport museum last weekend with the little one. Included are some shots of the museum, and the family...
  4. Virusman26

Lifford Curve gone..............

Hi all, not sure if anyone on here knew, but as it WAS my local, I guessed I should post up here...... https://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2010/05/24/pub-in-stirchley-left-gutted-by-blaze-97319-26505574/ Only saw it last weekend when having a walk down the road. Looked up to see...
  5. Virusman26

Wilmott Breeden, Stirchley

Hi all, just thought I'd post these shots on here of how the Wilmott Breeden, Stirchley site has changed over the last 2 years. I missed out on exploring this place by the narrowest of margins, and really wish I had!!! A mate of mine worked there as a toolmaker, 28 years ago, and has VERY fond...
  6. Virusman26

Moseley Road Baths

Hi all, Anyone of the area will know the history, but for those not sure, here goes....... Moseley Road Baths opened on October 30th 1907 at a cost of £32,924. It is the oldest of only three Grade II*...
  7. Virusman26

Ashot&Moore Ltd factory, Legge Lane

After dropping the wife off at work, I thought I'd have a drive around Hockley to see if any work was being started on some explores I've done in the area. Right away I spotted Progressive Engineering was being worked on. Next door is this place. Ashton&Moore Ltd, started in 1925 and mainly...
  8. Virusman26

111-120 Icknield Street, soon to be demolished

After a wander around the old Ashton&Moore factory this morning I went down the road to these shops/houses. :sick: Does anyone know any history, or if they were ever back-to-backs? I didn't venture in too far in these, as there was fresh blood from druggies all over the place. Good...
  9. Virusman26

Ariel Automotive works, Birmingham June'09

Ariel was a bicycle, motorcycle and automobile marque manufacturer based in Bournbrook, Birmingham, England. Car production moved to Coventry in 1911. The company dates back to 1847 when Ariel made an early pneumatic-tyred wheel for horse drawn carriages. The name was revived by James Starley...
  10. Virusman26

Westley Richards Gun Manufacturer/Toolmaker.

Thanks to dollyferret for the following info from another thread: Established in 1812.William Westley RichARDS.THE FOUNDER,WAS BORN IN 1788 and he died in1865,he was responsible for a number of inventions connected with the muzzle loader. Although founded in bham,the firm was not typical of the...
  11. Virusman26

Missing our 3 black cats SO much!

In February of this year, because of one more mental next door neighbour in council accomodation, the wife, myself and our 4 month old girl were forced to move into private rented housing. Due to the landlord living next door and being on a main road, the last thing we could do was take the 3...
  12. Virusman26

Birmingham Co-op Belmont Row

Originally built to be used as the Co-operative furniture factory(there were many co-op buildings around, producing various items on different sites) but the use was later changed to be the manufacture and maintenance site for scales and weights. Some of the items produced at that time are still...
  13. Virusman26

Urban exploring buildings in & around Brum

Hey all, Just as a quick post, I'm an urban explorer who is trying to document our buildings before they are demolished. There are far too many amazing old places that are being knocked down for no reason other than they are no longer "trendy". The following are links to my Flickr account, and...
  14. Virusman26

Nechells Place Mill Cato Street North/

Hi all. My wife's Grandfather lived on Rocky Lane for many years, and delivered coal all around the area. He used to deliver to a mill on Cato Street North(FlashEarth link.......... And here's a photo in case anyone knows it........... His name is Frank Newcombe, and he's still going strong...
Back