• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

Mitchell's & Butler's Ltd.

Hi All You may already have this information. Henry Mitchell's private company was founded in 1888. This firm had grown from the business of the brewery from the Old Crown, Oldbury Road Smethwick, which had started in 1866, and in 1898 Henry joined forces with William Butler. Does anyone know...
  2. P

Hi All. To Clareharvey800. could you please tell me, if your g grandfather was any connection to a Lucy Dell Arnold born 1815 or Francis Arnold born 1780 in Birmingham Warwickshire, Lucy was married to my 3rd g grandfather Henry Mitchell also born in 1815 in Birmingham. I have found the stories...
  3. P

Hi I have also had the story that I am related to Henry Mitchell of Mitchell's and Butler's. But unfortunately my great Aunt, died before she had the chance to tell me the full story. I have found it fasinating, as I have the Arnold family in my tree, and also some Butler's. I have not yet...
Back