• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. The Baron

Old Sutton Parade Shops

Thornton's Sutton around 1950 My sister in law Barbara Hampton ( Nee Benton ) any one know were about's this shop was on the Parade ( no one left to ask any more ) So sad only wished I had ask before all family had left us .
  2. The Baron

Sir William Nott

Sir William Nott was my Great grand Uncle.can any one help re his family or his life in India with the British Army around 1800/ 1900 :culpability:
  3. The Baron

The first world war from above

Did any one see this moving arial footage & photographs of the conflict,the very touching end ? If you have not seen this & then if you have BBC I PLAYER have a look. The final part will bring a tear or two! :cry:
  4. The Baron

Photos of fall 2010

This Photo taken today on the CHESTER ROAD<BEGGERS BUSH,SUTTON COLDFIELD. What fantastic display the trees are giving us this Fall.
  5. The Baron

Kingsbury water park

Had a great day out at Kingsbury Water park ,withour young granson, The Echills Wood 71/4 Gauge Railway is a must for young & old. These are just a few pics.
  6. The Baron

Your oldest domestic tool

What is the longest serving domestic tool you use around the home? fridge, tv, lawnmower or what. We have a fridge (GEC COLDSPACE) still on good working order after 47 year, I purchased it from the old GEC MAGNET CLUB SHOP Witton back in 1962. Its now used as my extra beer store LOL:D
  7. The Baron

British get aways 2009

Hi folks what holiday have you got set up for 2009 in the UK? in the BBQ SUMMER?????? This is the beach at HAYLE CORNWALL June 2009 (NO RUSH TO THE COAST HERE)
  8. The Baron

British sunset's

Just thought I would share these two Sunsets from our Cornish Holiday June 2009 .taken over ST IVES BAY.
  9. The Baron

Our family tree: Weddings

As Jean, sugested I have started this thead in order we can build a FAMILY TREE from Wedding within our own familys. so come on lets have a go Folks!! MY MOM & DAD Doris & Bill JENNEY 29th July 1933 ST PETER & ST PAULS ASTON Vicar Rev Henry McGowan
  10. The Baron

Chamberlin/Chamberlain & Hookham

As any one any memories of "Chamberline & Hookham" New Bartholomew Street. I did 6 months working at that factory as part of my early GEC WITTON Apprenticeship. I was told it used to be a workhouse? any one confirm that?
  11. The Baron

Aston villa at war

Photos of HMT ASTON VILLA in world war II. Has any one any information on this Ship or its Crew? THE BARON (ASTON )
  12. The Baron

Fid a caption

FIND A CAPTION: Just found this as part of an add; in the VILLA v PORTSMOUTH Programme 18-10-08.Did they know something? Any one like to give it a caption? My to start you of is "THE JOB'S MINE Ram GET TO THE BACK OF THE QUEUE"
  13. The Baron

Let us not forget

Just a few shot of the NATIONAL WAR MEMORIAL. What a way to show we care, a tranquil place for all to be honored.
  14. The Baron

Visitors to our gardens

While working in my garden in this summer (what summer you my ask) this bird just came up behind me, walked around for about 10 min then jumps over the fence and away. ANY ONE ELSE HAD STRANGE VISITS TO THE GARDEN? THE BARON (ASTON)
  15. The Baron

Post cards to egypt wwii

Not actually a postcard, but this hand drawn cartoon sent to Norman Hampton of Sutton Coldfield (My brother in law) serving in Egypt WWII. DRAWN by his uncle J. Mountford. This cartoon prompted by the never ending letters Norman sent to his wife Brabara from wayout east.
  16. The Baron

Hobday Letitia Nott

Iam trying to find the date Letitia Nott Hobday pass away & the place. She was born 14th Oct 1844 Aston Deritend & Bordesly at 91 Ravenhurst St. Father was Henry Nott Hobday, Mother Sarah nee Harris. Also did she ever marry? date & place would help. Ihave her working at 5 Victoria Building...
  17. The Baron

Stockland Green

A map showin SG and Aston edit, map is unavailable.
  18. The Baron

Leamington Road SPARKBROOK

As per my PM Graham, find the 1945 map you asked for. Regards Keith.
  19. The Baron

Birmingham Post & Mail

My Mom "Doris JENNEY" used to work for the Birmingham Post & Mail in the early days of SPOT THE BALL checking the grids to see who had won, ANY ONE REMEMBER HER from those days?
  20. The Baron

Kingstanding In Bloom

This is Kingstanding community Hall March 16th 2007. SPRING IS HERE !
Back