• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

please please

You are all so good on here at fixing photos I wondered if you could help with this one please, I'm hopin I've attached it....thankyou
  2. L

Bagley family

I wonder if someone would be so kind and try and help me with this family, that seem to have disappeared of the face of the earth, perhaps they have done..... Here goes... William Bagley was born 1821 Hereford, he married Harriet Downer in 1846 in Hereford, they had 6 children from 1847-1860...
  3. L

The wonders of nature

I saw the most magnificant sight this morning in Meriden Park of the female swan carrying her sygnets to a shallower part, coming from the lake onto the river, it was wonderful, the parents so proud showing the brood of to the public......needless to say I did not have my camara with me, but...
  4. L

Paupers Graves...Key Hill

Could anybody please tell or advise where I could find a list of the people that were buried in pauper graves at Key Hill please. I am looking for 1960-1972. Also would this cemetery cover Buckingham Street, if not have you any idea what cemetery did cover that area, agin looking for paupers...
  5. L

Bedford College, Moseley

I wondered if anybody has any information on Bedford College, Moseley. In the 1930's it was a private school. Any info would be gratefully appreciated, and if someone has a photo that would be fantastic. This is the only information I have about the school. Thankyou in advance :)
  6. L

Hobro family

I'm interested in any information on Percy Tissot Hobro born 1907 Glamorgan, died 1967 Birmingham, married December 1955 to Elizabeth Gladys Burrows (widow) nee Jones. Thankyou in advance :)
  7. L

Hobro

Has anybody any access to a 1955 public house/hotel directory to do a lookup on a potential licensse. The name I am looking for is either Elizabeth Glayds Hobro or Percy Tissot Hobro, this is a long chance enquiry, I know that Elizabeth Gladys Hobro, nee Burrows, nee Jones was in the pub trade...
  8. L

Birmingham and districts pictures

Take a look at this site, fantastic www.oldbirminghampictures.lefora.com
  9. L

Outdoor, Orphange Road, Erdington

Has anyone any information on the Outdoor, Orphanage Road, Erdington please :)
  10. L

Baker Arthur of Buckingham St

I am trying (in vain) to untangle a web, and I will appologise now for any cans of worms that may be unravelled. Arthur Baker is my husbands real father, we know that, he lived at Buckingham Street from 1952 - 1961, which is when we assume that he died, I found a death for an Arthur Baker in...
  11. L

Links: Coalmining deaths register

Very good link www.cmhrc.co.uk
  12. L

Victoria Inn/Hotel

Has anybody any information on Victoria Inn, 319 Albert Road, Aston, I am interested in the period around 1929.....pictures, who ran the inn/hotel etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou in advance :)
  13. L

Davies

Any help would be great on this person. Known facts are Phillip Edward Davies, born 20 March 1867, lived at 86 Heath Street, Winson Green (when I don't know), father was Moses Davies born 1842, mother Eunice Davies born 1844 Lye. He was married at Winson Green Congregational Church/Chapel. I...
  14. L

Andrews

Any help on this would be grateful. all I have is this: William Andrews born 16 March 1834, died 2 July 1903, interred at Ryde Cemetry. I would like to know if possible who this person was married to and what date. Thankyou in advance :)
  15. L

Cook

If any0ne could help I would be extremey grateful. The details I have are Mary Ann Cook died 27 May 1902 aged 72, Cook is possibly her married name, so I am looking for help on who she married and what her maiden name was. Thankyou in advance :)
  16. L

Bint

Any information on this person would be extremely helpful. All I have is Frank Bint, died 6 Jan 1919 aged 37. If at all possible I would like to know birth details and marriage details. Thankyou in advance :)
  17. L

F. J. Henley

Can someone please do a lookup for F J Henley, general undertakers Birmingham. Thankyou in advance :)
  18. L

Raymond Dixon (Lambart Murray) & Orpheus Quartet

Does anybody know anything about the above??? My great uncle Robert Burrows was part of the Quartet, and they performed at the Town Hall, Birmingham in 1908. I have found a recording of a war song on the web, amongst the archives, but that is basically all. I know that Raymond Dixon (Lambart...
  19. L

Sir Ralph Bracebridge & The Ardens. A Love Story

Taken from A royal Town by Hilda Moss "Sir Ralph Bracebridge had a grandaughter called Alice, whose home had been at Kingsbury Hall, at a time when the Ardens of Pedimore had built another fine house, Park Hall at Castle Bromwich. Alice met John, the eldest son of the Peddimores, and they fell...
  20. L

Royal Devonshire Fuseliers

How do I go about finding information on my grandfathers army career, all I know is his join date, which was 1917, I don't know anything else!!! :)
Back