• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Frank Parker

When were the back to back houses in Nechells built?

Hi. I used to live in a back to back house in Dollman Street, Nechells in the 60's and 70's. I was wondering when they were built? Can anyone please tell me how old the back to backs was?
  2. Frank Parker

Looking For Any Possible Family Ties To The Famous Music Hall Star Nellie Wallace

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with any genealogy information about the famous music hall star Nellie Wallace (Born in Glasgow 1870, Died in London 1948)? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nellie_Wallace Are you related to her in any way? My Dad (R.I.P.) always mentioned her...
  3. Frank Parker

How Do I Find Further Canal Boat Information For Alcott Family, Wolverhampton

Hi, I have recently had some certificates sent me regarding my Mom's side, the Alcott's who have a history of canal boating back to the 1700's. My Granddad, Oliver was born in 1915 on the "Sutherland", Hay Basin, Broad Street, Wolverhampton. His father, my Great Grandfather, Albert is on his...
  4. Frank Parker

My Old 1982 Travel Card!

OK so who remembers when Travel Cards were like this? LOL. This is from 1982 and is the first one I had after I left school. Note: Black and White photo's were much cheaper back then! Ha ha. :-D
  5. Frank Parker

Wallace Nellie AKA Eleanor Jane Wallis Tayler!

It as been a while since I went on this website (longer than I thought) and last time i cam on here I was looking for any links that I have been told I may have between my family and Nellie Wallace? I did get this message sent me but I don't think that person is on here anymore? "I notice you...
  6. Frank Parker

Hi Past and Present members!

Hi there, I haven't been on for a while but I haven't forgot all of you good people! :) I have been busy on my PC and try to do too many things at once! :P To all the Past members I already know I hope you are all well. :0422: To all the Present members who have joined since I last logged on...
  7. Frank Parker

Byng Kenrick Central School, Tile Cross, Birmingham

Does anyone remember Byng Kenrick Central School and any pupils, teacher's etc. It is now known as The International School and Community College. I went to BKC from 1977 - 1982. If you was in Mr Sanderland's class when you left you should remember me or if you played footy in the playground...
  8. Frank Parker

St Anne's School Duddeston

Does anyone remember this School? Most of my siblings went there when we all lived in Dollman Street! There are some photo's to reminisce about here! :-)
  9. Frank Parker

Decimalisation In 1971

I was rummaging through a few old things of mine and I came across the following booklet about decimalisation that I am certain many will remember! Myself I was only a month away from being 5 so I don't personally! I remember Mom and Dad telling me when I got older that a lot of people felt...
  10. Frank Parker

Birmingham City - Arthur Foster!

Can anyone please help me find any information on Arthur Webster Foster (1894-1954) who played inside left for The Blues. I am told he scored 2 goals in 1918. Do you think the club would still have records of him playing for them and photo's?
  11. Frank Parker

Warwickshire Cricket Club - Frank & Arthur Foster!

Can anyone please help me find any information on Frank Foster (1889-1958) who played County Cricket for Warwickshire (there is a possibility he may of played for England as well?!) Do you think the club would still have records of him playing for them and photo's? Also it is understood that...
  12. Frank Parker

Greyhound Coaches Owned By Sam Wilkes

I have just found out from my Dad's Cousin in Canada that Dad's Grandad's Brother, Dave Wilkes, used to run a coach company called Greyhound. As far as I know he lived in Wolverhampton. Dave had Brother's named Sam (known as "Shocker", my Dad's Grandad) "Winky", Isiah and Tom. :) Did anyone...
  13. Frank Parker

135 Dollman Street and onwards!

I lived at 135 Dollman Street, Vauxhall, Nechells from my birth in 1966 until 1971 when I moved to 62 Hurst Lane in Shard End. I was there until I was 20. The following 27 years are as follows: Pithall Road, Shard End to Berrowside Road, Shard End to Glebe Farm Road, Stechford (then back to...
  14. Frank Parker

Foster

Hi, As mentioned on this thread https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16311&highlight=foster I am trying to find out as much as I can about The Foster Family, some who ran the well known clothing company Foster Brothers, for a book I am going to write. Can anyone please help...
  15. Frank Parker

My Dog and My Cat!

Here is a photo of my Staffy Rocky (4) and Cat Holly (5). :)
  16. Frank Parker

Heartlands History Society In Nechells

Eric Hall is the lovely bloke that runs it and if you are interested in joining check out the website @ https://www.heartlandshistory.com For further information see the following thread: https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?p=143114#post143114
  17. Frank Parker

History Of Boaties!

Having discovered that up until 1940 there had been an history of boaties in my family (since the 1700's at least!) I was wondering if anyone else had a similar history? :rolleyes: :)
  18. Frank Parker

General question!!

I think my Nan is at rest in Witton Cemetery and I have other members buried in Wolverhampton, I think at a Cemetery in Bushbury or near it. Anyway what I want to know is when looking for relatives is it a case of looking around and hoping I find who I am looking for or can I ask someone who...
  19. Frank Parker

The Two Hands, The Packhorse, The Cheshire Cat and The Harlequin - Shard End!

Does anyone have any memories of these pubs from Shard End. Like many other pubs these days they have now disappeared! :( The Two Hands. The Packhorse. The Cheshire Cat. The Harlequin. My apologies if they already have been talked about. :)
  20. Frank Parker

Postcards from the war times!

My Dad's Cousin Nora from Canada kindly sent me some old postcards and entrusted me to take care of them, which I will, with pride! I thought I would share them with everyone. The first 4 are may be from World War 1 but I am not sure? They were in a frame originally with the photo of my Great...
Back