• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Frank Parker

Wallace Eleanor (Nellie) Jane - 1870 - 1948

Excellent. Is it possible to share any of it please?
  2. Frank Parker

Inkerman St Vauxhall

Hi Sheila. I lived in that area in Dollman Street but not in 1943 but 1966 for that is when I was born!
  3. Frank Parker

When were the back to back houses in Nechells built?

Thanks Rob. I already know about the 135 Dollman Street post because I posted it, LOL. :)
  4. Frank Parker

Yes, that has been numbered incorrectly. Thank you kindly for your time and help. :)
  5. Frank Parker

That's him! Thank you very much. I knew I was close with 136! Do you have any photo's please of the maps showing my old house?
  6. Frank Parker

No that's not my family. My Mom's name was Beatrice (known as Mary) and my Dad was Frank.
  7. Frank Parker

Thanks. My memory isn't the best. Sadly I can't ask my Mom and Dad as they are no longer alive. I will ask one of my sisters and get back to you.
  8. Frank Parker

Hi. I used to live in a back to back house in Dollman Street, Nechells in the 60's and 70's. I was wondering when they were built? Can anyone please tell me how old the back to backs was?
  9. Frank Parker

Looking For Any Possible Family Ties To The Famous Music Hall Star Nellie Wallace

Thanks for replying MWS, Unfortunately I don't have a lot to go on either! My Dad never spoke much about the family. Thomas is indeed her Dad and Florence Ives (Not Clamp?) is her Mom. Her brother was Sam Ives. This is information I got from My Dad's Cousin in Canada who has also passed...
  10. Frank Parker

Looking For Any Possible Family Ties To The Famous Music Hall Star Nellie Wallace

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with any genealogy information about the famous music hall star Nellie Wallace (Born in Glasgow 1870, Died in London 1948)? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nellie_Wallace Are you related to her in any way? My Dad (R.I.P.) always mentioned her...
  11. Frank Parker

How Do I Find Further Canal Boat Information For Alcott Family, Wolverhampton

Hi Lyn, Thank you and you are welcome. It is my dream to live on a canal boat or at least holiday on one, never say never hey?! Regards, Frank.
  12. Frank Parker

How Do I Find Further Canal Boat Information For Alcott Family, Wolverhampton

Hi, I have recently had some certificates sent me regarding my Mom's side, the Alcott's who have a history of canal boating back to the 1700's. My Granddad, Oliver was born in 1915 on the "Sutherland", Hay Basin, Broad Street, Wolverhampton. His father, my Great Grandfather, Albert is on his...
  13. Frank Parker

My Old 1982 Travel Card!

Things are so much different these days Alan! :-)
  14. Frank Parker

My Old 1982 Travel Card!

Yes they did Maria. :-)
Back