• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Newport House School, Harborne

Re: Miss Murray Glengarry Infant School, High Street Harborne Going back to 1945 Miss Murray had a small 'private' school named 'Glengarry'or 'Glenagary' on the opposite side to Harborne Library in a small church hall. Does anyone remember this small infan t school?
  2. M

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I am so pleased I posted this today. You havnt given me your name so I cannot place you. but yes I do remember your house with the lovely tall hedge, and the gate. I do not have any photos but would love you to fwd to my email [email protected] Before I went to Newport House...
  3. M

Just reading posts from pupils that went to Newport House School, I found it quite amazing. When I read yours immediately sprang to mind was Ann Baughn, (spelling incorrect) am I right? Anyhow I only remember just a few, but have had a reply but didn't have her name. Look fwd to your news...
  4. M

I have today been looking on the various posts on 'Newport House School' my brother Graham and myself were there from about 1945. We lived in Oaklands Avenue and I left to go to The British School of Commerce in in about 1952. We must have passed your house on our way to school. My brother...
Back