• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. john knight

A stroll around Brum today, 08 04 16

A little stroll around today.
  2. john knight

Associations: Birmingham & District Masterpainters Assocn

Ever found anything of interest at a car boot ?. I found these two at a local boot a few years ago,don't know anything about the chain fixture,assume it was part of amasonic chain. Haven't been able to find anything about the association either, solid silver and gold plate,often wonder what they...
  3. john knight

Cromwell street.

This is the only photo I know of Cromwell Street, we lived at no.80. next door to the Cromwell Arms, 1939-1953, when we moved to Fosbrooke Road(off the Hobmoor Road.) I don't remember where I got the photo so cannot give credit. I went to the school (centre) where the railings are.
  4. john knight

John knight,(aka signman).

Here are a few of my computer drawings.
  5. john knight

St. Lukes Sunday school.

Didn't quite know where to post this. I restore old sewing machines and writing slopes,I bought this off e-bay last week, and am in the process of restoring it, had to buy it for the Birmingham connection.
  6. john knight

New Street Station 2015

New Street at the present time.
  7. john knight

Societies: Birmingham & District Master Painters Association

I've just found these in a box of tat I bought, I can't find any info on this association at all. All I can ascertain is the date 1855, maker Vaughton, Livery Street and sterling siver and gold plate. Wonder what was kept inside, and how they found their way down here.Don't know about the badges...
  8. john knight

Digbeth coach station.

The new Digbeth coach station opens on Monday 7th December. It should be a far cry from the old one even though it is only a re-clad and roof taken off the vehicle area. Here's a couple of photos I took off our friends at Skyscraper City.
  9. john knight

One for the bus afficionados

Spotted this in Brighton this morning, no idea what it is other than a bus.
  10. john knight

computer art

Not quite sure where to put this, but just for a bit of fun, I thought I'd make us all famous.
  11. john knight

What is this.

Any of you transport boffins know what this is. I've been working on it today.
  12. john knight

Green lane pub.

Morning all, Just found this fabulous photo of the junction of Green Lane and Coventry Road, courtesy of Carl Chinn. No idea of the time scale, but does anyone know the name of the Davenports house just at the start of Little Green Lane. ( I've no idea)
  13. john knight

New library.

Here is the design for the new library, the biggest in the country. Courtesy of Birmingham City Council.
  14. john knight

Loxton Street.

Don't know if this has been posted before, Loxton st. school next door.
  15. john knight

Statues.

I took these on Monday: Nelson, our greatest hero, nothing more to say. The Mathew, Boulton and Watt statue always reminds me of someone choosing wallpaper.
  16. john knight

JK's ARTWORK

Thought you might like to see this mural I did last week for my grandson's new baby's room.
  17. john knight

Online Directory: Post Office Directory Of Birmingham, 1867.

I have this on dvd, it lists all private residents and all tradespeople for that year, and all streets. Also some wonderful trades adverts. If any one would like me to do a search for any thing I will gladly do so, alternatively you can purchase at www.GenealogyJunction.com
Back