• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

Grahame John

I really need help on this one as I am at a huge brick wall . Shera has helped enormously but I still am stuck . I am looking for a Marriage between John ( possibly Thompson) Grahame and a Mary J Widdop brn Halifax I suspect it is the Northowram Halifax Mary Jane These names are given on...
  2. C

Brings tears to my eyes

I was browsing U tube tonight and came across this video . It was my dads fav song , he was a blues fan . It brought tears to my eyes . Thought Id share this memory with my brummy friends . YouTube - Gerry The Pacemakers - You'll Never Walk Alone Jean
  3. C

Clarke Family

Could any one help me with my grandads family .. Clarke please. All i know is he was John William Clarke .. 2 of his sisters were Irene and Joice who emigrated to NZ and they were opera singers . Their mother was called Kathleen Clarke and she lived in Rupert street ( My Mums granny ) atleast...
  4. C

John William Payton

Hi can any one help me find out anything about my grandad . John William Payton ? Ihave found this out so far but cant find him in births ? John William Payton Death was registered 3rd quarter 1937, aged 48 Sarah Smith Rhodes Death death registered 3Q 1964 aged 72 Marriage registered...
  5. C

Florence or Florance Annie Louise

Looking for the Florance family who lived in and around the Gooch Street end of Vaughton street in court opposit the greengrocers . Annie Had Rosanna (My Grandmother ) Born 1904 , Billy (he was a barrow boy in the bullring) .. and (Butch who hung himself ) and another boy from her first...
  6. C

Bare Fist Boxers

Hi can anyone out there find anything about a guy called Chaney Weston .. By all accounts in my family he was the last of the great Bare fist boxing Champs. He was my mums greatgrandad. I wondered if there was anything about him .. mum said that there had been a piece written about him in the...
  7. C

Smiths

I am looking for the family of my Grandmother . Its very difficult because she was off the barges . Her name was Sarah Smith 1891 to 1963 she married John william Payton 1st and then Freddie Rhodes after he died . She had a good part of her life on the coal barges and then came to live at 72...
Back