• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. T

Army Chaplain Marriage Records For Gibraltar

OK, I will look out for them - nothing yet.
  2. T

Ah interesting. I have removed the mail address from the thread and look forward to the details you offered to mail me.
  3. T

Hi Suzanne. I don't have access on FMP. . The only bit that does confuse me is I have John Chidwick as born in Dover Kent in 1854 to Edward and Jane Chidwick; Kent Dover area being where all the Chidwicks appear to come from. So Not sure this John Chadwick is the right guy.
  4. T

Thanks Suzanne this detail is very helpful and gives me more background on these ancestors. I have also a reference in the Army Chaplains Index for Marriage in Gibraltar for John and Catherine, but can't actually access the Chaplain records themselves to establish what regiment John was in. This...
  5. T

Hi, thanks for the information, very useful. I can see the two entries as an Index with a reference = 547 which I guess is a page number or something within the Army Chaplains Marriage records. Shame there is no way to actually view the record to get the grooms regiment details etc.
  6. T

Hi. I am looking for anyone who has access to Army Chaplain marriage records for Gibraltar 1879 to 1880? I can't find anything for a Sanchez,Catherine to establish the details of her and her husband?
  7. T

The Taplin surname name

Hi there. A bit late but a happy new year to you and yours. Hope you had a good christmas? Trev x
  8. T

The Taplin surname name

Does anyone know how I can get the history/origin of the Taplin surname? I have traced my dad's family (Taplin) back to the late 1700's so far but I am wondering where the surname comes from. On my mum's side the Chidwick name goes back to the vikings in Normandy and the Battle of Hasting 1066...
Back