• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Saltley Reformatory Schools Records

The records from Saltley Reformatory School are up for auction. I hope they stay local: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/lifestyle/nostalgia/saltley-reformatory-school-records-go-3314574
  2. M

Old flats on Washwood Heath Rd 1980's

A friend of mine says she remembers visiting an old aunt of hers who lived in a flat on Washwood Heath road (Alum Rock Rd end). The Aunt and her husband had lived there for many years and the flats looked really old and quite run down. She wants me to look for them on the electoral roll but...
  3. M

'Exclusive' Aston

Hi all, While searching the 1881 census I came across an address listed as 160 Exclusive, Aston. Can anybody tell me where this would have been? Thanks Macca
  4. M

Aston Childhood

I've just watched this short video from the Mace Archive, it's an interview with children in Aston during Christmas 1967 talking about what they got for christmas. I found it quite moving, they got relatively little but were on the whole very happy...
  5. M

South African BMD Records

Hi Can anyone tell me is it is possible to view marriage/death records for immigrants to south africa? Thank you in advance Macca
  6. M

Rosary School Saltley

Hi, The Rosary School in Saltley was run by the Marist Brothers (an order of Catholic Priests) but that didn't open until the 1930's. The records of all Catholic schools in the Diocese of Birmingham are kept at St Chads Cathedral. Hope this helps. Macca:)
  7. M

Etherington Daisy

Hi, I've been looking for a a death registered in the 1970's that I can't seem to find, hope someone can help me. It's Miss Daisy Irene Etherington B. 1st Qtr 1890 in Aston, I know she died in the 1970's. Thank you in anticipation. Macca:)
  8. M

Miss Doris Finney, Teacher of Music

Hi everyone, Its a long shot but does anybody remember Miss Doris Lilian Finney who taught music at her home 90 Heathway Bucklands End? She taught up until the late 70's and died in 1994 aged 87. A very happy new year to all. Macca.
  9. M

Saltley & Alum Rock

Thought I'd share these with you, forgive me if they are already on here.
Back