• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Phil Price

BEF in 1940

I am researching my family tree at the moment and I have investigated my Dad's history in the WW II years. I have now received his service history from the Army Personnel centre. My dad signed up on 22nd Sept. 1939 and was sent out with the BEF into Europe on 15th October 1939. His service...
  2. Phil Price

Two Bill's in action - Italy 1944

Researching my family tree I have uncovered a picture of "Two Bill's" in Italy in action during WW II. My Uncle Bill is on the right.
  3. Phil Price

Shenley Green Youth Centre

I have been trying to find out more about Shenley Green youth Centre in Green Meadow Road, Northfield, Birmingham (Google Maps 52.427462,-1.972604). I used to attend there around 1966 onward and they had some terrific soul bands on stage. It was only a youth club with a cafe upstairs but it used...
  4. Phil Price

Electoral Roll Look up for Albert E Price 1893 - c1945

Albert E Price was born in 1893 and I'm trying to find out where he lived prior to his death, which I think was in 1945. Married in 1911, he lived in a number of places with his family in Harborne. Any assistance would be appreciated or advice on how to look this up myself. :)
  5. Phil Price

Cromwell Lane, Bartley Green

Does anyone know the history of Cromwell Lane in Bartley Green. I believe my Grandmother was born there arround 1890 and the only thing I know is there was once a well that provided all of the water they needed. Does the name Cromwell include this Well?
Back