• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Parents of our parents.

hi Lloyd i was looking at what a fantastic job you did of tinkering with the photos and was wondering whether you would mind doing this photo of my mother for me ...i would be most grateful if you could as its the only photo i have of my mom when she was 18 ...with my greatest gratitude kindest...
  2. B

Icknield Street Alert!

hi Astoness thank you that info it was very helpful with regards bowdler
  3. B

Icknield Street Alert!

dear all my great great grandparents lived at 28 Camden street then later their daughter -in- law lived there and accuring the commerical birmingham directory this was a shop and i was wondering whether any one would happen to have any photos of Camden street with the greatest of gratitude...
  4. B

Park Road Hockley

dear phil i have recently joined this site and was surprise when i came across these pictures of the jefferson greengrocers ...i believe that william (bill) jefferson to be a distant cousin of mine ....as his father was my grt grt uncle i would be pleased to know any info you could share on...
  5. B

Clifford Street

Dear all hope you all are well i am trying to locate some old photos of Gladstone place on clifford street in aston ward would be grateful to anyone you may have any to share regards bowdler
  6. B

piddock st smethwick

hi Moss ok thanks for helping anyhow and thank you for the photo of pool road may i ask where you was able to it as i search on the internet and nothing came up regard Bowdler
  7. B

piddock st smethwick

Hi Moss this is Fantastic ....thank you ...as my grandfather was born at 94 pool road in 1913 and this is such a fab picture also did they class smethwick as part of the black country around about 1913 ..... with my greatest gratitude Many Thanks Bowdler
  8. B

piddock st smethwick

afternoon all hope everyone is well i am trying to find photos of pool road in smethwick would be grateful if anyone could help regards bowdler
  9. B

Witton Cemetery Memorials

Hi Wendy thank you for this info regards ste
  10. B

Witton Cemetery Memorials

Hi everyone i have several ancestors buried in Witton cemetery and wondered if any kind individual would happen to have a plan of the plots for this cemetery as i understand this to be the largest cemetery in birmingham ..would be garteful for this with the greatest of gratitude kind regards ste
  11. B

St. Mary's Church, Whittle Street, Birmingham.

Hi Steve Crathorn thank you for this information very grateful for this regards Ste
  12. B

St. Mary's Church, Whittle Street, Birmingham.

Hi everyone I was searching the parish burial records for my 5x grt grandmother Mary Jefferson died in 1836 and states that she was buried at St Marys Whittal St however after reading furthur post i discover the church was demolishied in 1925 ..so i could someone please tell me how would find...
  13. B

Burbury Street

hi Jules i am not sure when he stopped working there or whether he still lived there in the 1980's anyway i will look at the photo you stated if i can find thank you for your help regards ste
  14. B

Burbury Street

Hi Jules that would be great if you could find some photos ....just searched the ancestry for his death he died 1989 ....do remember his sister her name was lil as she used to look after my great uncle at the shop i notice when i popped up there was like a garage type entrance can you recall...
  15. B

Burbury Street

hi expertbrummie thank you for sharing that info ...the elderly chap was my great uncle on my fathers side and owned the shop for many years ..i was told that he died in 1980ish ? and that he lived there with his sister i have been up since to look at the shop and is now lived in as a house and...
  16. B

Burbury Street

Hi everyone i am trying to find photos of 187 Burbury street of lozells district in the 1940's to 1990's as it used to be a shoe repair shop i think was known as Jefferson Bros would be grateful for any assistant regards ste
Back