• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. tali

Amesbury Court,Moseley

Amesbury Court, 6 Amesbury Road, Birmingham, B13 8LD (not Amesbury Manor which is further up ), i believe this imposing building opposite the rear of Moseley Hall hospital near Salisbury rd side is now divided into flats.But does anyone know history of this building -wasn't it connected to some...
  2. tali

90s Pop Video Brum

Very Rare 90s pop video featuring Brum -some places obvious , but anybody pinpoint ? Impressive Police chase Cracking song one of my faves from the 90s( although may not be popular with the Werthers Original crowd here!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCouhOXywU4
  3. tali

Toy car shop Walford Rd Sparkbrook

I recall it from mid 70s -it was a small shop selling Matchbox, Lesney toy cars and practical jokes.It was on Walford Rd Sparkbrook , in a block of shops near the Royal Mail sorting office (which is still there) Does anyone know name or do a directory look up ?
  4. tali

The Causeway Yardley

Strange little path of Church Rd , Yardley - no more (but on Street View) as Tesco sits there that lead to recreation area .Was it always like this or were there houses/properties on the Causeway -(seems odd to name a path with a road name) https://birmingham.streetmapof.co.uk/the-causeway/
  5. tali

google bookmarks have disappeared

My google bookmarks have disappeared- i have looked in favourites folders and in my google account - but they are not there (6 days now) Is there some way of getting them back? -i have googled but it all seems vague and a dead end- i fear they have gone awol for good - i have signed in and...
  6. tali

58 witton st

https://www.birminghammail.net/news/crime-news/2010/07/29/from-the-archives-mystery-of-killer-who-blasted-peace-loving-bill-97319-26956745/ ref above murder -Witton st has changed a lot, i have found house up to number 42-so anyone know where 58 was - park site?-or further away where it is more...
  7. tali

Closest Churches

Stratford Rd Baptist church and St Agatha's - a very very short distance between the two -does anyone know of any churches that are closer in location to each other?
  8. tali

Bradbury Motors ,Kings Heath

Anyone recall luxury car dealer Bradbury Motors , woodthorpe/alcester rd, which is now a skoda dealer located there
  9. tali

Sydenham Rd Sparkbrook

Does anyone recall white faced office/factory on Sydenham Rd Sparkbrook opposite K Khan tryes and the mosque.It was in mid 80s that i recall it.It is currently direlect but Wallwork operate from behind the abondaned fronatge - don't know if they own it Anyone recall name or more info?
  10. tali

Houses in City Centre

There is a terraced block of houses Numbers 1 to 8 in Bordesley St B5 near Latifs. Are these council stock? and also are they the closest houses(i do not mean Tower Blocks) to the city centre? wasn't there some on Claybrook St (off Hurst St) also?
  11. tali

Hollies

Warwickshire cricketer Eric Hollies died in 1981 -is he survived by wife/children?
  12. tali

Eric Hollies

Warwickshire cricketer Eric Hollies died in 1981 -is he survived by wife/children?
  13. tali

HP Notebook needs a format

My HP Notebook needs a format because System restore , diskcheck Avirus, Internet, Bitdefender - most of the things are not working :cry:, on some error is "services are stopped" - although it does go desktop to i suspect some form of malware. This happened when i noticed the programmes running...
  14. tali

Prophets -Kings Norton

Prior to his Solihull BMW dealership the late David Prophet had an showroom selling sports/prestige cars in Kings Norton- anyone have more info on it? Also he had a Edward Luytens manor near Stratford upon Avon , however i have been unable to locate this - any info on this property?
  15. tali

Roads With Rear Facing Houses

Hubert st in Aston - it seems unusual as it is a road with the rear of the houses- i can't recall too many roads like that in Brum. A block in Talfourd St Bordsley Green also features the rear view (whilst rest are normal) Are there any others in Brum?
  16. tali

City Centre Market Trader - Bbc2 Documentary

Does anyone remember a BBC2 documentary about a brash City Centre Market Trader called Mark Gill Carson? He was of Eygptian descent and had a liking for Caribbean women and lived in Solihull He afaik dealt in crockery and not foodstuffs I think he was based at the Wholesale Markets on Pershore...
  17. tali

Dr James Preston Medical Health Officer Of Birmingham

Dr James Preston- died in 1979, his wife Mary died last year - both Medical Health Officers.of Birmingham Anyone have pics of them? When was the centre named after him? what was his cause of death?Where did they live in Sutton Coldfield? I ask as a 30 year barn find Aston Martin of Dr Preston...
  18. tali

Charlie Hall 23 Washwood Heath Rd

Charlie Hall -the legendary actor who played alongside Laurel and Hardy was afaik born in 23 Washwood Heath RD.I had a look on Streetview but can't find it - after number 19 there is some advertising hoardings and a small car park- which is where i suspect number 23 was So does anyone know when...
  19. tali

H Wright &Sons and The Elms Assembly Rooms

Saw a picure of Stratford Rd Sparkbrook from 1960s -it shows H Wright &Sons and The Elms Assembly Rooms - can anyone pinpoint exact location and any other info plese?
  20. tali

Dufay Motors of Great Portland St

In 1964, Dufay Motors of Great Portland St Birmingham began importing the Daihatsu Compagno Berlina, does anyone have any further info on Dufay Motors or recall them and when they left the premises They managed to sell only 6 DaihatsuCompagno Berlinas btw
Back