• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Looking for Inquests Kathleen Bradbury

Hi Can anyone tell me which is the most likely newspaper to search for an inquest or coroners report for a death in 1959 in Birmingham. Is the Birmingham Post or Birmingham Mail the most likely, or are there any others I should try. I am looking for an Inquest for Kathleen Bradbury who died...
  2. P

Vale Street, Birmingham

Hi everyone, Does anyone know where Vale Street was in Birmingham. In 1851 it was in the St Jude parish but I am unable to locate its position on today's maps. Many Thanks phill
  3. P

Howard's Place, Birmingham

Does anyone know where Howard or Howard's place was in Birmingham, I found this address on a parish register entry for St Jude's church, Birmingham, 1842. I assume it has long since gone, as i cant find it in my 1952 a-z of Birmingham. thanks Phill
  4. P

Ladywood clearance

Morning everyone. Does anyone know when the slum clearance started in ladywood and are there any photo,s or film of the area just before demolition. I've read the books by carl chinn and some others, but they are general to Birmingham and I'm interested in the Ladywood area. thanks phill
  5. P

Park Street headstones

Does anybody know to which church the headstones on park street near fazeley street belong to ? It is now just a small piece of grassland with some headstones on it. Iv'e often wondered which church it belong to. i assume it has long been demolished ? thanks phil
  6. P

Back to Back houses today

Just wondered if there are any other back to back houses still standing in Birmingham other than the ones in Hurst Street. I went down Bordesley Street today and noticed some old houses that looked like they could have been back to backs at one time but may have been altered. just asking if...
  7. P

BATES, Charles Leonard.

Any information on Charles Leonard Bates born Feb ? 1881, possibly Birmingham. I am unable to find his birth in the gro index, although there is one for charles, but not charles. L. He married Hilda Goodburn Cooper in 1914, lived in Aston, & Erdington. He Died 1959 There Children were ...
  8. P

Wesley hall, Peel Street

Has anyone heard of Wesley hall in Peel Street, Birmingham, I think it may have been a meeting hall of some kind but i'm not sure. I have a book from there presented to my grandmother in 1896 from one of their social evenings. if anyone has any information about it i would be very grateful...
  9. P

Friston St, Ladywood.

Hello everyone Does anyone out there have any memories of Friston Street, Ladywood, I am particularly interested in the terraces which ran off the street. I have a photo which i think maybe of a back-to-back in portland terrace. Can anyone remember any of the terraces and if they had small...
Back