• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Mayfield

Pele RIP

I, like many others on this site was privileged to have witnessed the magic of this man talent. I personally feel that a treasured memory of my youth has now died. Rest in peace Pele. Thank you for gracing us with not just your footballing skills, but your high level of sportsmanship.
  2. Mayfield

Tustin Florence May

Hi everyone - hopefully I have listed this request on the appropriate thread???? I am trying to trace some information for my dear old great aunt? It she had an aunt who committed suicide sometime in 1950/60's? It appears there was some form of family break-up? Due to the family break-up all...
  3. Mayfield

Baymham

Hi everyone - can you help? Emma baynmam from Hereford to kings norton. Any dates please? ManxManx
  4. Mayfield

I would like to share this with you.....

I would like to share this information with my friends on the forum. My heart goes out to the parents of our armed forces because in a very minor way I am now witnessing the worries that parents have when there children find themselves in areas of potential harm. As parents, both Paula and I...
  5. Mayfield

Florence May Tustin.

Can anyone please help? I am researching the missing information that should be included within a family bible. The bible is very old and lists in chronological order (from the early 1800's) the Tustin family. Unfortunately there is some (possibly intended) missing information concerning...
  6. Mayfield

The Ivy League

The Ivy League melted the snow at Drayton Bassett Village Club on Friday night - 60's music lovers of all ages from Tamworth, Birmingham and Walsall braved the snow to witness an evening of 60's classics. Although the band have changed over the years, they still rocked and succeeded in raising...
  7. Mayfield

Aston Reservoir

Purchased this postcard of Aston Reservoir - was this later called Salford Reservoir? Mabz Lost photo replaced, probably the same one
  8. Mayfield

Disillusioned Postcard Message - WW1

I was at a car boot sale yesterday in Coleshill and came across this postcard addressed to Mr T Hill, c/o Mrs A Yates, 289 Farm Street, Hockley. It wasn't the design of the card that attracted my interest, it was the message.... The message on the reverse is dated the 9th September 1914 and...
  9. Mayfield

Acton family - Help please, dates of deaths

Can anyone please help me, I am looking for the year of death for Jessy A Acton born 1901 and Annie Acton born 1913, Hope you can help? Mabz
  10. Mayfield

George Clay - Music Centre

Does anyone have any information of a music company called George Clay, Music Centre, Broad Street, Birmingham? Mabz
  11. Mayfield

Albert Road Juniour & Infant School

Does anyone have any information/photographs on Albert Road Junior & Infant School in Aston (it may have been referred to as Prince Albert Junior & Infant?) Mabz
  12. Mayfield

Can anyone please revitalise this photograph????

This is a photograph of my dad taken during the war in France. Typical, he is the one holding the flaggon of ale in the front. He never changed...................... Can anyone please revitalise this photograph for me? Mabz
  13. Mayfield

Steve's Funeral - Our thoughts are with you Lyn

Lyn My thoughts are with you and your family tomorrow. May the love of your dear family and the support of your close friends, of which I am proud to count myself, help you through the day. Keith x
  14. Mayfield

Shool exercise book

We are having a lot of refurbishment done at the college and I found this old exercise book at the bottom of an old school cupboard. The back relates to road safety - check out number 4..... Be honest, how many of us used to jump off the bus platform before the bus stopped? Does anyone have...
  15. Mayfield

My fathers school???

My father was brought-up in Aberdeen Street, Winson Green and would have attended a school local to his home address between 1922 - 1936. Does anyone have any idea which school is local to his address? Mabz
  16. Mayfield

Newsagant/Tobacconist in Burbury Street?

In the mid 60's I worked for a couple of old spinster sisters that owned a papershop/tobacconists opposite Burbury Park (refer to photograph from previous thread). Their shop was next door to Adams' Sweetshop. On the corner of Defford Road is the Barber Shop. Unfortunately age is taking over...
  17. Mayfield

A day at Blists Hill Victorian Village

I had a great day at the Victorian Village at Blists Hill. Although the entrance fee was rather high it was well worth the visit and I highly recommend it to those without limited mobility. Everyone in period costume. I really enjoyed the Victorian pub (only for the architecture I hasten to...
  18. Mayfield

HELP.......Unusual request?

I know this request may sound strange to most of this forum but I am hoping that there is an old Skin Head out there???? Does anyone have a pair of old skin head boots (size 8/9) that they can loan me because this sad bald headed person is going to a fancy dress party as a Skin Head (for those...
  19. Mayfield

Blackwell Edward 1850?

Can anyone please help me find any information on Edward (Teddy) Blackwell c1850? It is believed that Teddy was a bare knuckle fighter or boxer? Regards Keith :)
  20. Mayfield

Sir Digby Jones

I was at the ICC all day today on a management training programme of which I had the extreme pleasure of listening to the most inspirational, straight talking and humourous speaker that I have ever listened to..... I refer to Birmingham's own Sir Digby Jones. This very proud Brummie served as...
Back