• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. ladylinda

Julia Varley

Saw this in the Mail A Birmingham Civic Society blue plaque is to be unveiled in honour of Julia Varley. Birmingham Civic Society will honour Julia Varley with a ceremony at the Minworth Greaves building in Selly Manor on May 24.A blue plaque will be erected on her former home in Hay Green Lane...
  2. ladylinda

seen in Aldridge today

saw these today whilst I was working in Aldridge
  3. ladylinda

can you decipher this surname?

Hi all, I cannot for the life of me decipher this surname. It's been transcribed as Migan,but it doesn't seem right? The lady in question was a Sarah Jones (maiden name) born All Saints district in 1868. She was still at home with her parents in Birmingham in the 1891 census, so would have had...
  4. ladylinda

At Yardley Wood Garage today

Saw this today at Yardley Wood Garage
  5. ladylinda

Empty building corner Alcester St. Green St

Hi everyone,not sure if this request is in the right place,but I'm sure it'll be moved if it's not! I walk past this building several times a week and would like to know what it was originally used for,ie factory/offices. It's on the corner of Alcester St and Green Street
  6. ladylinda

Industrial schools of the 19th and 20th century

Hi everyone,I came across this site whilst looking for something else (always the way!) and thought it might be useful.Not sure if I've seen this link before and if it's already been posted,then I apologise in advance! https://www.missing-ancestors.com/index.html
  7. ladylinda

Pub in Wychall Lane

Please can someone help!! I seem to remember a pub in the 60's and 70's in Wychall Lane on the right hand side just past Staplelodge Road junction. It got burned down,I think, and I believe there's housing built on the land now. Can someone refresh my memory as to the name of it,please. Thanks.
  8. ladylinda

Phipps,Mary Ann

Hi everyone, I have started doing my family tree and although I've managed quite far back on my mom's dad's side, I have become stuck with mom's mom!!! Her name was Mary Ann Phipps and she married Bernard Tidmarsh in February 1915. On her marriage certificate her age is given as 28. Her father...
  9. ladylinda

Gospel Oak, Acocks Green

Went past the Gospel Oak today whilst working on the 32 bus. Sad to see it boarded up. Yet another old local appears to be finished, unless it's having a refit. There were no notices up though.
Back