• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

Military hospitals in Birmingham WW1

Solihull Public House (The Red House) There is Some Remarkable Photos on Display" Wounded Soldiers, Ww1..But The Medical House Where The Soldiers are Treated " is Across the Rd From The This Pub is 50,yards Away..unbelievable, if I past this area again will defo" take some Snaps to post on...
  2. C

The Posts on here are all about your Father" Peejay,
  3. C

Holidays Of The Past

Hi nick cc & Robert. .I have a full photo album with all the gang enjoying ourselves at pontins & the Caravan park, The steps down to st marys bay, were build by the Canadian army in Ww2, went there 15 months ago stayed at the sea in st Marys it was bliss so natural, I will sort out a photo or...
  4. C

KENT STREET BATHS

Fab set of images there Antoness, I did some work dropping of work here to be repaired, I had no idea who the repair paint shop were ...if there is anyone out there who my k ow plz give us a shout..see if there are more photos out there..
  5. C

St Michaels RC School Floodgate Street

KalKal..hi..there is more info on st micks site on facebook..lots of ex pupils from the 40s 50s check it out..hope it helps..
  6. C

Italy Star..medal

Looking for the Clasp for the Italy star 1939-1945.. need a few medals as I misplaced my grandfather's medals in a set of draws which was taken to the dump..I had no idea they were taken it was to late to get them back..my mistake. . Genuine..thanks..christy.
  7. C

Negatives

Hi Mike, thanks for getting in touch..Bull..bull ring...is that what you mean..or a bull in Reading.. I do know KEW archives..are in you in Brum fr time to time..as we can meet up...or post..the negs to you..what do you think..regards chris
  8. C

Negatives

Hi.have a very dark Negative' Size 1&half ins wide Is there anyone on here who still does there own printing or Has a larger Scanner to view this Negative..& print this photo off..if Poss..Thanks..
  9. C

Johan Barrington

Wow..thank you so much jukebox..its just how i remember thehouse..as a young painter in the 70s...i did call around the area but i always thought it was in dorriage..or knowle...saw tommy steele..there once..johan was super fit..always working out..his wife was a runner too..great...
  10. C

Johan Barrington

Any idea where Johan Barrington lived in Dorriage (Solihull)..johan was world Squash Champion back in the 70s..I worked on his house were many Celebites came to bis home..to train..it was lovely, fab Gardens..any idea were it was..thanks..
  11. C

1st ww hospital records..birmingham

Hi..
  12. C

Duke of Cornwalls Light Infantry 2nd Battalion WW2

Re: Did you have Anyone who Served in Duke of Cornwalls Light Infantry 2nd Battalion. hi Kevin,there seems to be tons of photos of the 1st Battalion,of this Regiment but not of the 2nd battalion,of Duke of Cornwall light infantry, why was this,??
  13. C

Chip-Shop..on Bromsgrove st jct Gooch st North,,by Kent st Swimming Baths..late 60s/

Re: Chip-Shop..on Bromsgrove st jct Gooch st North,,by Kent st Swimming Baths..late 6 hi,forum,...Has Anyone ever seen a photo,of this Building, Regards..
  14. C

hi,forum, Can you guys help,at all..what info does a Pension Record, of an injuried Soldiers,give in Details..if possible..thanks..
  15. C

Thank you so much
  16. C

hi,ColinB,..
  17. C

. hi Nannypam,..how can i find info [Pensions] on my Cousin,who was injuried in WW1..my other Cousin has the details Servive Papers..But not pension records,would this info give any details,were about he was given medical treatment in birmingham in 1917..?..Regards..Christy
  18. C

Hello,..As far as i know,these Soldiers came from N Ireland,in irish Regiments..Was Birmingham the Main,Centre..for the Wounded..
  19. C

my Cousin was taken to Dudley rd Hospital 1917...Injuried..Years later He was taken to Cemetry in London to visit 3,Graves..My Guess His Friends, i will try to find out if the Soldiers,were injuried or may have died in Battle,?.. Also the Cemetry in London..Name...Will let you Know,,Cheers..
Back