• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. O

Lucas Marshall Lake Road Shirley

Hello My Dad, Ray Nutting used to work for Lucas, initially at Shaftmoor Lane between the late 1940's and the late 1950's and again after a gap at Marshall Lake Road (I don't know when he started there) until his retirement in the mid 1970's. I came across these photos, which Lucas people may...
  2. O

Templefield Road Stores

Hello Does anyone have any pre-war (either War!) photos of houses in Templefield Street, B9? I have this photograph below of my great grandfather’s store –numbered 22½ Templefield Street, where he is recorded on the 1911 Census. From the 1901 Census, he was living at 17 to 18 Templefield Street...
  3. O

Sarah Street, Birmingham B9

Hello Does anyone have any pre-war photos of houses in Sarah Street, B9? I have some contemporary photos of the houses there currently - numbered 3 to 17 (excl 13!) - I wonder how old these are? I'm interested in number 20 in particular - I assume it must have been where the current grassed...
  4. O

Beaumont - Nutting

Hello My grandmother, Annie Madge Nutting (nee Beaumont b1891 d1928), pictured here was apparantly a model at some stage of her life and allegedly had her photograph put on some tins of chocolate or biscuits or something of the like. This all sounds rather spurious and may be apocryphal but I...
  5. O

Amalgamated Society of Railway Servants ; George Hayes ; Nutting

Hello My Dad died last year and amongst the things I now have is a poster-sized document (below), which contains the following text: “This is to Certify that George Hayes was admitted a Member of the Amalgamated Society of Railway Servants of England, Ireland,Scotland and Wales by the Small...
Back