• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. A

Jam factories

Thank you all for your insights and interesting information and big thanks to mikejee for the maps and names.
  2. A

Jam factories

Hi valeboy, This link sounds as though it's what I have been looking for and I will do a little more research. Thankyou
  3. A

Jam factories

Thank you horsencart and Astonian for your replies. I am even more curious now as I have mid-1920s records for a one time resident of Chester Road, Pipe Hays, then in the care of the Meriden Union, whose stated occupations are "Jam Packer" and "Factory Hand". Do you know what sort of work...
  4. A

Jam factories

Does anyone know of any Jam factories in the Erdington area during the 1920's please?
  5. A

Lucas Shaftmoor Lane Branch Works 3

All the best Ann
  6. A

Briscoe Family

Hi Barb, Unfortunately I have no evidence of a William in my family tree. I can't believe there were so many unrelated Briscoe's around in Aston. Regards Ann
  7. A

Briscoe Family

Hi Lyn, I do know Alan Briscoe but the branch of the family I am trying to find out more about lived at "1 Back of 66 Paddington St." from around 1927 to 1960. They were Sophia and Joseph who raised 8 children, the youngest being David born in 1927. Joseph died in 1959 and I think Sophia moved...
  8. A

Oh well, better luck next time, would be cousin Danny. Regards Ann
  9. A

Briscoe Family

Thanks Lyn, They may have lived in Porchester St, I am waiting for confirmation on this one. Regards, Ann
  10. A

Briscoe Family

Thanks, but Harry does not belong to my branch of the family as far as I know. Regards, Ann
  11. A

Briscoe Family

Does anyone have any memories of this family of 10 living in Paddington St, Aston?
  12. A

Thanks Danny, I have a cousin living in Brum who is known as Danny Mac and he knows I live in Australia. I had been hoping you were that cousin and had taken an interest in the family history. Oh well, never mind, I live in hope. Regards, Ann
  13. A

Hi Danny, Do you have a cousin named Ann living in Australia? regards Ann B
  14. A

36A, New Street, Newtown,Aston, Birmingham

I lived at 22 New St in the 1950's and I believe it was all demolished to build the Aston Expressway. Yes I always new it as Newtown, Aston ,your great grandparents must have had a business on Newtown Row. It was like living in Birmingham's theatre district because the Globe cinema was on the...
Back