• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. motorman-mike

Where is this? No.190??

Not expected to last long, where is this?
  2. motorman-mike

Bruised, Battered and Fading Away!

Can anyone help restore this poorly photo to good health please?
  3. motorman-mike

Where is this? #188

Nice place to sit and relax in days gone by. Where is this?
  4. motorman-mike

Where is This?

Sorry, have lost track of latest thread number, but where is this?
  5. motorman-mike

Another needless pub name change.

After all the years as the Kings Arms at Alcester Lanes End (known to many as 'the nob') the whizz kids have renamed it "The Crown" as a Sizzling pub. Meanwhile down at Stirchley the Dogpool Hotel after a couple of other name changes is now "The Dogpool".:confused2:
  6. motorman-mike

Request

Did anyone chance to be among the photographers attending the 'Running Day' at the Aston Manor Museum of Transport today and photographed BCT Standard 3225 on the 1415 (2-15pm) Outer Circle 11 working from Aston to the Swan, Yardley, returning at 1445 (2-45pm) from Yardley. I ask because I was...
  7. motorman-mike

A West Midlands Travel 1993 Adventure

In 1990 a group of WMT busmen at Yardley Wood including myself formed a bus enthusiasts club to take a company 'showbus' to bus shows and rallies. At first the bus used was a withdrawn Daimler Fleetline double decker retained by the company numbered 4041 which was to be later donated to the...
  8. motorman-mike

Where is this?

I have lost track of the Where is this? numbers, so where is this?
  9. motorman-mike

Strange Czech Rail Crash

Sent me by a Czech friend are these photos of a recent level crossing crash where a railcar has put a car transporter lorry on the rails and itself ended up on the side of the road. Another train has managed to pull up without hitting the lorry and the upturned car there had fallen off the...
  10. motorman-mike

Where is this ? 178

Where is this ?
  11. motorman-mike

Where is this ? 177

Where is this?
  12. motorman-mike

Where is this No.170

Won't last long, but where is this?
  13. motorman-mike

NewSt Station 2015

Edit. There is a thread for the 1960s New Street Station here https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/new-st-station-1960s.20585/ New Street Station would you believe!! Half expected some comment on this photo in the Mail the other night, but nothing on the Forum yet so is it...
  14. motorman-mike

Where was the Homestead Bakeries?

This view shows the Homestead Bakeries and one of their Commer Walkthru vans. From the van it would probably be in the late 1960's or early 1970's but where is the location please? (This isn't a 'where is this?' cos I don't know where tiz).
  15. motorman-mike

Dieppe Raid 1942

Today marks the 67th anniversary of the ill fated Allied raid on Dieppe in France. It later came to be known as a "rehearsal for invasion" for the D Day Landings two years later, although rarely gets a mention outside of Canada who provided 6,108 soldiers of which 2,853 were killed, wounded or...
  16. motorman-mike

Where is this? 154

Won't go for long, but where is this?
  17. motorman-mike

Where is this tram please?

It's on the 78 route to Short Heath. For the record, can anyone help by telling me exactly where please?
  18. motorman-mike

Cadburys No.1

I have been sent a card from a Bristol friend showing this fine painting of Cadburys No.1, a loco that was built in Bristol. I'm told it is undergoing restoration at the Gloucester Warwickshire Railway at Toddington, the other side of Evesham. Any rail buffs know how it is coming along?
  19. motorman-mike

Photo tidy up.

Please could anyone tidy this photo up a bit? It dates back to the time of the First World War.
  20. motorman-mike

Cinemascope Monitor.

Some folks will remember problems I had with my old computer. I then threw it out and replaced it with a brand new one. About a month ago the new one developed the same fault as the old one. As I hadn't renewed the monitor screen it was a simple deduction that the monitor was the problem. I have...
Back