• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. ALB10N

Searching for a street or building....

Is there an easier way to search for a street or building in the Census's rather than ploughing through endless pages....? I'm using the Census Summary Books on Ancestry to narrow them down, obviously a 'name' would help, but i'm not doing that sort of research. For Birmingham, you could have...
  2. ALB10N

Marlborough Park (Recreation ground)

Easy or not? Where is Marlborough Park? I thought this would be easy to find, but even living almost on top of it, i didn't know where it was... An email to Birmingham City Council came back suggesting that it's located in Swindon.... Even though it's listed as a Birmingham park! So,... Do...
  3. ALB10N

Bordesley to Yardley road.

Watched the match at my sons on Saturday & had a few beers. (As you do) ;) I'd meant to get the bus home, but decided to walk a bit of the way. Getting towards the 'watering hole' I had the choices of a bus, walk down Coventry road, or walk down Small Heath bypass.... So I did neither..... I'd...
  4. ALB10N

Williams Alfred James & Olive ????

I'm looking for a marriage between Alfred James Williams & Olive ???? FACTS. He was born in Birmingham, 1923. They were married before the end of 1946. They had two children, born somewhere between 1943 & 1960. 1st child is James. 2nd child is Karen (May have had a double-barreled name, as...
  5. ALB10N

Church Road, Yardley.

A question from my wife & daughter.... (We lived next door to this place, now our daughter does) On the corner of Church road & Wroxton road, Yardley, there is now a veterinary centre..... Before that it was a bathroom showroom. On the angled corner of the shop, above the ground floor is a...
  6. ALB10N

Samuel Saul

I'm looking for Samuel John Saul around/between 1900 - 1911. I can't find him anywhere on the 1901 & 1911 censuses. He was born in Oldbury 17/09/1878, married Catherine Pilsbury at Parish Church, Oldbury, Worcester 25/12/1911 & died Bilston, Wolverhampton 27/10/1940. Parents are William Saul...
  7. ALB10N

Church grove

Has anyone a map showing Church grove off St Andrews road near the Blues ground (c1910)? I think it may have been toward the Kingston road end. BiLL
  8. ALB10N

Help finding my Uncle

I've tried but I can't find him...... Or his wife & Children <sigh> Anyone help or point me in another direction? Parents William John Williams Harriet Puffer Children Elizabeth Violet 1914 - 1915 William Arthur 1915 Leah Victoria 1917 *Joseph T* Married Gladys ???? Had children named...
  9. ALB10N

Birth search @ the registry office

I'm trying to find my wifes Aunts & Uncles born before 1912. Without being able to use her Grandmothers surname to narrow down the search, I could be looking at an average of three names per quarter that could be possible Aunts/Uncles (apart from the obvious gaps between births). She informs...
  10. ALB10N

Where do i go now?

My father is the eldest of seven,... I've found all the births of the others apart from one. I've looked 10yrs either side of his supposed Birth day,... I can't find his marriage certificate either (no brides surname),... I can't find the births of his 5 children either. I'm guessing he may have...
Back