• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. R

accidentally killed

I visited my great uncles grave this year in france and was shocked to read killed accidentally anyone know was this usual or not , especially for a major?
  2. R

looking for a photo royal warwickshire regiment funeral

Hello a long shot I know but could anybody help with regards a photo from my grandfathers funeral . here is a large paper clipping from his funeral .cheers in anticipation. obviously there were no family photos ,I thought some historian might know of any cheers , rupert
  3. R

help with medal card

i know there are plenty of people out there who can help me decipher this medal card of my grandfather , i can worl out the military cross but am stuck thereafter. plus if you can help do i have to pay to get ww11 info as he ended up a squadron leader in the r.a.f . thanks in anticipation
  4. R

Royal Warwickshire 1/8 Battalion

i am looking for any help regarding info about 1/8 battallion t.f. royal warwicks or my grandad lieutenant colonel philip henry whitehouse who was awarded the d.s.o. during the same action as w amery was awarded the v.c . in anticipation thanks.
Back