• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. R

accidentally killed

hello chris ,thanks for the post I hopefully have private messaged you , please let me know if you have received it , cheers Rupert
  2. R

accidentally killed

thanks terry you are always spot on for advise , Rupert
  3. R

accidentally killed

hello terry are the records and prices you quoted for a archivist to do privately cheers
  4. R

accidentally killed

hello, only just come back online tonight , but a great few replies thankyou. these are all very helpful answers I think I will have to try for his war records, I realised many were killed accidentally, but but thought a "major" may have been a little bit more of a rareity. thanks all again Rupert.
  5. R

accidentally killed

I visited my great uncles grave this year in france and was shocked to read killed accidentally anyone know was this usual or not , especially for a major?
  6. R

looking for a photo royal warwickshire regiment funeral

Hello a long shot I know but could anybody help with regards a photo from my grandfathers funeral . here is a large paper clipping from his funeral .cheers in anticipation. obviously there were no family photos ,I thought some historian might know of any cheers , rupert
  7. R

help with medal card

lloyd ,provcat , thanks for the info again it is very helpful and has filled a few gaps , just got to try and get my head round it and keep looking. rupe.
  8. R

help with medal card

thanks very much lloyd ,can someone confirm then , he recieved the :- military cross british war medal victory cross then can anyone confirm is it the 1914-15 star,
  9. R

help with medal card

i know there are plenty of people out there who can help me decipher this medal card of my grandfather , i can worl out the military cross but am stuck thereafter. plus if you can help do i have to pay to get ww11 info as he ended up a squadron leader in the r.a.f . thanks in anticipation
  10. R

The Western Front & Gallipoli

hello cromwell, dont know if you can help my great uncle Major Herbert Whitehouse, is buried in LEBUCQUIERE COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION ,grave number I. A. 24. if you had any photos of the cemetry other than on the cwgc site i would be very grateful . i have attached a photo of his original...
  11. R

Royal Warwickshire 1/8 Battalion

downard, only just replied then looked in my grandads book which has the entry, sergt charles henry downard, 2742 16.8.16 , a coincidence or what .
  12. R

hello terry, great to recieve a reply from you . i have just replaced all nine of grandads medals for my mother to wear as she has four in her own right from ww2. as regards the photos we have about 200 of grandad in service ,home and abroad including a good aerial of the trenches.grandad wrote...
  13. R

thanks again alan and downard , i knew grandad was in italy as he was awarded the italian croce di guerra, but i am just not that good at the research and i need you out there to keep pushing me in the right directions
  14. R

thanks both of you for the replies both very interesting especially the thesis but keep the replies coming please ,the more the better
  15. R

i am looking for any help regarding info about 1/8 battallion t.f. royal warwicks or my grandad lieutenant colonel philip henry whitehouse who was awarded the d.s.o. during the same action as w amery was awarded the v.c . in anticipation thanks.
Back