• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

Saunders Florence

Hi Jane I got the message but had to go through the forum so will have to see what I can do Lyn
  2. L

Saunders Florence

Hi Jane John Saunders born was born in 1846 and he married Maria Palmer, according to my records they had 8 children.Florence married George henry Harper in 1895 and they had 2 children Elsie born1895 and George Henry my husbands grandfather who was born in 1896, he died in the flu epidemic in...
  3. L

Saunders Florence

I have sent you a reply but not sure if I did it right, just replied to the e-mail, let me know if you got it Lyn Walker
  4. L

Bowen, Molyneux connection

Looking for information on marriage of Jean Molyneux born 1925 and possibly Walter Bowen, could have had 2 sons Alan and Paul
  5. L

Saunders

Looking for furthur information on John and Maria Saunders nee Palmer and family
  6. L

Molyneux

Hi Tiggy I was looking fro descendents of Elsie and Sydney, I think they had a son Sydney who married Edna Heaps ( Southall ) they had no children although I think she had one by her first marriage, the daughter Edna Jean married Lawrence Bowen and I think they had 2 sons Alan and Paul, I have...
  7. L

George Henry Harper and Harry Harper

Trying to find info on George Henry Harper B 1876in 1901 he was a professional footballer in lodging with the Eades family in Wolverhampton, in 1902 he was in Grimsby where his daughter was born he died in1945 aged 68 years, in 1911 his brother Harry born 1886 was at his mother's home in...
  8. L

Molyneux

Looking for information on Elsie Harper who married Sydney Molyneux in 1917 in Birmingham
  9. L

Harper Mary B 1826

Looking for information on Mary Harper B 1826 in 1841 in Aston Birmingham with parents James B 1781 Shrewsbury Shropshire and wife Hannah Evans B Shrewsbury 1791? Mary was possibly also B in Shrewsbury her brothers were George B 1828 Samuel B 1832 and William 1824 not sure what happened to her...
  10. L

Harper family

THnakyou for this, I will try and send for the certificate, I live in Canada but can still do it online Lyn
  11. L

Harper family

Have 2 Harper death certificates and unable to prove connection, one is for George Henry Harper 25 July 1945 aged 68 years, states a bookmakers clerk, is this possible the George Henry a professional footballer, states M E ? May Evelyn Harper present although on her death certificate it states...
  12. L

Harper family 93 Kingston Road Birmingham

This was a pawnbrokers shop run by the Harper family, in 1911 still there,Drusilla, sons Harry and Albert Edward and Elsie granddaughter, any information would be helpful
  13. L

Saunders Elsie Born 1895 looking for any information, mother Florence Saunders

Re: Elsie Saunders Born 1895 looking for any information, mother Florence Saunders Hi Shera Florence Saunders married George henry Harper in 1896 and the George at the Saunders house the grandson is their son, Elsie I believe is with grandmother Drusilla Harper at Kingston Roadin 1901 and also...
  14. L

Saunders Elsie Born 1895 looking for any information, mother Florence Saunders

Born at 60 Cottell Road Aston Birmingham no father on birth certificate but possible father George Henry Harper
  15. L

Saunders Elsie /Harper

I have found who I think is the elusive Elsie Harper who was with Grandmother Drusilla nee Lane at the pawnbrokers on Kingston Road in 1901 1nd 1911, she is the daughter of Florence Saunders and her birth is Elsie Saunders 4th January 1895, George Henry Harper married Florence the next year and...
  16. L

Harper Elsie

Still looking for parents of the elusive Elsie Harper in 1901 aged 6 and 1911 aged 16 with grandmother Dusilla t 93 Kingston Road Smallheath, which school would she have gone to and how can I find the record, I am in Canada so not able to get to Birmingham very easily. Lyn Walker
  17. L

Harry Harper

On the 1911 census Harry Harper B 1886 is living at 93 Kingston Road Smallheath Birmingham, his occupation is given as professional footballer who did he play with and what happened to him, his brother George Henry played for the Wolves in 1901 but was playing in Grimsby in 1911 Thanks Lyn Walker
  18. L

Saunders Florence

Looking for information on Florence Saunders B C 1896 married George Henry Harper died in 1901 in asylum in Birmingham daughter of John Saunders and Maria nee Palmer
  19. L

Harper

Hi Sylvia George the pawnbroker had 3 wives, Phoebe Heath, Elizabeth Jordan born Taylor and Drusilla Lane and Elizabeth probably had a child when he married her, I have all 3 marriage certificates, still have not found the elusive Elsie may splash out for some more birth certificates, anyone...
  20. L

Harper

Hi Thanks for your message, I have 2 certificates here and have sent for several more around that time.All Wrong, I think here parents were George Henry Harper B 1876 he was at one time a professional footballer and played for Wolverhampton Wanderers and he married Florence Saunders on the 8th...
Back