• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

tobaconists New St/Corporation st junction

Hi Everyone , I wonder if someone can help please, my aunt is trying to think of the name of the tobaconists on the corner of NEW ST and CORPORATION ST BIRMINGHAM In the 1960's she said it was opposite the ramp. Look forward to any replies. Sandra
  2. S

undertakers

Hi MikeJee, Thank you so much for finding the information for me. I have been trying to find the name for the undertakers all day. Thanks again , Sandra
  3. S

undertakers

Hi Everyone, I wonder if someone would be able to help please, I am looking for the name of a undertakers in Aston Cross Birmingham i think it was on Lichfield Rd or Aston Rd around 1947. Hoping someone can help. Sandra
  4. S

Corporation Street

Hi Phil, Thanks for your quick reply, Sorry i didn't realise we had posted on two threads. Yes you are right the ABC rings a bell. I have replied on the other thread as well. Thanks again Sandra.
  5. S

shop/warehouse

Hi Phil, Thank you so much for your information, yes i think it was, i will let my friend know we have been racking our brains for a week now. I knew someone on the website would know. Thanks again . Sandra
  6. S

Corporation Street

Hi , I am looking for premises from the 1970's corner of Corporation Street and Union Street the shop was England Shoes I would like to know what was next door to it please ,all i can remember was a doorway and stairs and when you climbed them it was like a clothes warehouse, I have asked a few...
  7. S

shop/warehouse

Hi Petewhitemdr1, Thanks for your reply, the Oasis was in the square by Bull Street, where the shop is i am enquiring about is where Superdrug is now . it was by the old C and A it was nearly opposite Cherry Street, in the 1970's. Thanks once again . Sandra
  8. S

shop/warehouse

Hi I wonder if someone can help please. I have been trying to think of the name of a shop/warehouse in Corporation Street Birmingham opposite side to Rackhams it was in the 70's there was Englands shoe shop on the corner then there was a door with stairs leading up when you got to the top it was...
  9. S

Job Wragg Mineral Water Manufacture

Hi Janice, We have just noticed your replies on the Wraggs. I have been doing research on the Wragg family and have gone back to 1740. Are you related by anychance. I hope you are its always exicting to meet and swap info. We have lots of photos we have one of Wydrington were Job lived.We look...
  10. S

Military records wanted

Hi John, Thank you for your information, we have found him in the WW1 records. My friend is noting the address for Military records for future use. I told him someone on the website would come up with an answer, he is very impressed. Thanks again for your time in looking up the info. Sandra
  11. S

Military records wanted

Hi Everyone, I need help , Has anyone got access to any Army records for WW2 . Looking for a PHILLIP HENRY PENNY LARTER, B1896 in Bradford. Any information would be appreciated. Many thanks Sandra
  12. S

Job Wragg Mineral Water Manufacture

Hi Carmen, Thank you for your interest in Job Wragg. I have been researching the WRAGG tree now for about 5 years and have about 8 books on them dating back to 1763. At the moment I am doing a lot of research on Job and his children, I have quite a few photos of him. I know a lot of his family...
  13. S

pub in town

Hi Keegs, Thanks for your quick reply, yes it was the Brown Derby, we have a friend over at the moment, and we drove him round Birmingham last night ,he couldn't get over the changes to the city centre, its been about 12 years since he has been to town, and we were trying to think of the pub...
  14. S

pub in town

Hi Everyone , I need some help please, we have been trying to think of the name of the pub that was in the underpass by LEWIS'S going towards the Gaumont pictures. It was in the corner by the stairs. Hope someone can help. Sandra
  15. S

Hickling Wragg

Hi Suzanne, Thank you so much for the information on Eleanor Hickling Wragg, I will be able to put that in my folder. Would it be possible to let me know what website you found it in, only I have been to the library and they told me you can't access the newspapers as they are moving. Sorry its...
  16. S

Aston Parish Church Graves

Hi LadyLinda. Thanks for taking the time to look up the information for me,I think those Wraggs are on the tall monolith on the right hand side of the church, as yet I haven't found them to be related , but I will keep it on file. Its just frustrating that we can't see the rest of the names on...
  17. S

Hi Wendy, Thanks again for taking the time to look at my query.Have tried to get on website and its says error, so i will ask my son to look at it when he comes home. Sandra.
  18. S

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please. I have just returned from Aston Parish Church , to try and find my husbands 2x Great grandfathers grave. I found the headstone but unfortunately the stone was round the edge of the path and is partially buried. You can make out the name GEORGE WRAGG died...
  19. S

Hickling Wragg

Hi Everyone, I would just like to thank all of you for taking the time to search for the details on ELEANOR HICKLING WRAGG, and also giving me info on her daughter LUCY MARIA. I will let you know if i find anything at the library. Thanks again Sandra
  20. S

Hickling Wragg

Hi Leslam. Thank you for taking the time to have a look for me. I will phone up the library in Birmingham tomorrow to see if the geneolgy dept is still open, as i know they are moving to the new one. I will ask if they have the old newspapers there that i can look at. I wonder if she would be...
Back