• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. cresser

Searching for a burial - Harry Hall died 1975

Hi Pauline, I Googled Hollies Croft and it showed that Hollies Croft was a cul-de-sac between the Bristol Road and Pershore Road, near to the Edgbaston cricket ground. I wonder if Lodge Hill might be where Harry was taken?, worth a try I suppose.
  2. cresser

Brooke. Brandwood End Cemetary

Eddie, I have just been up to B.E. and found the location of the grave you wanted. Unfortunately, it is completely unmarked, no headstone - nothing. I have taken 5 images of the plot and can let you have them, I personally prefer to email them as I think it is easier, if you can PM me your email...
  3. cresser

Eddie, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, I have just not had time to look at this site for a while, anyway, as I now have the details I will endeavour to locate and photograph anything that may be visible for you today - it is just a short walk for me and shouldn`t take long. I...
  4. cresser

Hi Janice, Yes you are correct, the records for B.E. are at the newer cemetery at Kings Norton. cresser.
  5. cresser

Eddie, What `details` are you after?, would they be photographs of the grave/s because I live right near to Brandwood End and may be able to help if the location/s can be found. cresser.
  6. cresser

Uplands Cemetery Smethwick

Hi Janice, Thanks for helping out there, appreciated. cresser.
  7. cresser

Hi alphacentaurus, I have managed to get a couple of pictures for you. I find it easier to email them directly, if you want this please let me know, cresser.
  8. cresser

Hi Rosie, I have been over to Thimblemill Cemetery today and I agree with you entirely, the staff there were brilliant, he got me to follow him in my car, he went ahead in his `golf buggy`, and took me directly to the grave I wanted. He then even cleared the fallen leaves away so I could take...
  9. cresser

Hi alphacentaurus, As I finish work at 11am tomorrow, I may be able to get there after I have had the pleasure of Sainsbury`s!!!. The two dogs are I`m afraid, no longer with us and very much missed they are. Rosie, I had help from staff at Thimblemill Cemetery which is over the road, and he has...
  10. cresser

Hi alphacentaurus, I have been in contact with Uplands Cemetery, and they have kindly given me the Plot and number of the grave/s. If I can I will try and get to the cemetery on Friday afternoon or at the week-end, and try and get hold of a map of the cemetery showing the exact location/s. If...
  11. cresser

Initials-what Do They Mean?

Thank You all for your info`. Very much appreciated, cheeers:)
  12. cresser

Initials-what Do They Mean?

Hi all, Yesterday I downloaded a copy of a`Graves Registration Report Form`, from the CWGC. In one column there is typed; "All Crosses Erected or `G.R.U`d", what does the G.R.U`d mean??. Many thanks in advance. cresser.
  13. cresser

Barmy Dog.......!

After trying for ages to do this, I can now put a picture of the troublesome little fella I am trying to look after!! `orrible aint he?
  14. cresser

Barmy Dog.......!

;)............!
  15. cresser

Barmy Dog.......!

Hi Maypolebaz, I know what you mean. Years ago we had a G/S from a pup and we were fortunate enough to have his company for 13 years. After that we had a Staffie for about 2 months - he was found as a stray in our neighbourhood, but the original owners were found so he went back to them, then...
  16. cresser

Barmy Dog.......!

Hi Old Boy, I do know exactly how you feel. I lost my last dog more than 10 years ago, and because I was at work and no-one would be there to look after another, I have left it alone, although, like you, I would love another. Having said that, since having my mates dog for at least a week and a...
  17. cresser

Barmy Dog.......!

Hi maypolebaz, Your right of course, I often think we do not give them credit for the intelligence they do undoubtedly have. In my case they sure as heck know a soft touch when they see one!!!!
  18. cresser

Barmy Dog.......!

Hi postie, Yep your right, and thats why they can often wind us round their little paw. This same dog has decided he will not put up with pidgeons in his garden, and runs barking at them, when he has his beloved rugby ball in his mouth he won`t drop it, he just runs at them shaking his head and...
  19. cresser

Barmy Dog.......!

Hi all, I am looking after a friends 3 year old German Shepherd dog (Shep), he is a wonderful dog, friendly, playful (VERY playful!), and has not been aggressive to any other animal, or person. I have had G.S myself before and know how good they can be, anyway, today I have seen something I...
Back