• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. PaulE

Birmingham according to Bradshaws Guide

"It is worthy of remark that the houses of the poorer classes here are very superior to those usually met with in large manufacturing or densely inhabited towns." https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/picturegalleries/9113983/Britain-according-to-Bradshaws-Handbook.html?image=5 But where did...
  2. PaulE

Hurst St junction with Inge St

I'm getting confused looking at these pictures - could someone help please? The first picture here shows the Hippodrome on the corner of Hurst St and Inge St: https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33029 yet the second picture on this thread shows the same corner just a few...
  3. PaulE

Britannia Place, St Paul's Square?

Several people on my family tree were born in Britannia Place, St Paul's Square, between 1900 and 1910. I was hoping it would be easy to track down, as that area is relatively well preserved, but none of the maps I looked at, old or modern, had any trace of it. I did however find Britannia...
  4. PaulE

Birmingham in 1970s

First of all, I am a newbie here so apologies if I have posted this message in the wrong part of the site. This is my first post! There was a programme on Radio 4 this morning about a series of short documentary films made in the late 1970's, promoting cities including Birmingham. Basically...
Back