• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. frederick

Leamington Road SPARKBROOK

Hi Lynn, From what you say about where you lived, did your house face Stoney lane and we would have our bonfire on that bomb site every year. As there were no bomb sites on the left coming from Ladypool rd but there were two on the left coming from Stoney lane.
  2. frederick

Hi Lynn, Did you live in Leamington rd, if so at what number.
  3. frederick

ploody, I do remember the TV shop on Stoney lane and Douggie Orde now lives in Sheldon very close to his sister Sheila. is Dennis Hobdy still with us if so say hello from me I do have a photo of him taken at a wedding. It looks like we are being told off, and I thought this was Birmingham history.
  4. frederick

Banjo, I live to far away to attend, It sounds like you live close to the Birmingham area so you will know what has been done to were we grew up and how it has turned out.
  5. frederick

Banjo, What meeting is that.
  6. frederick

Banjo, I've been told that when the forum was hacked it lost all the photos and if you try to put the photos back on the forum won't let you.
  7. frederick

Banjo, I have a photo with Dennis Hobday on it, if I remember he did have other siblins as most families did. I have got it now which house you lived in it was one of those big three story houses, and to people that sold shoes from their house was the Shepard's I have a photo of them and their...
  8. frederick

Hi Banjo, I started at Clifton rd in 1948 aged 5 so I must be around the same age as you, in 1954 I was 11and then went to Dennis rd school.
  9. frederick

Hi Banjo, The shop was call Hastings,would Dennis Hobday be the older brother and if you can remember his mother had a guytor on her throte. I think I have a photo with your house in the back ground, but you will have to wait for me to get back home for that. My cousin Graham Webb has a very...
  10. frederick

Banjo, You are right the shop was number 64 and 66 is where Tany lived the other side of Grafton Grove. I lived at 58 so you must have lived oppersite me, you must have known the Shepard's as they were oppersite where I lived as you lived there the same time as me I must know you, you will know...
  11. frederick

Hi Tanysgafell, I also now live in Wales, Pembrokeshire been down here for 30 years wonderful. I have very fond memories of growing up in Laemington rd and being in your grandparents shop all the time. I have just resently got intouch with my cousins that used to live in Grafton Grove after...
  12. frederick

Dennis Road Secondary Modern Boys School

Phil, I didn't know that, was that about in 1957/8 mind you I didn't mind going I had got used to it by then. Going to work was something new and differant, and then I went back to school/collage for quite a few years.
  13. frederick

My granddad's, John Sheldon, birth certificate.

Hi Graham and Rose, Graham I have been talking to Pat and she said there were 8 children, Another girl born after we had moved on.
  14. frederick

Graham Webb

Hi Graham, Looking at your winning bike of 1966, would the new frame design make bikes any quicker than the older frames.
  15. frederick

Graham Webb

I was in Holland recently and it seems as though everyone cycles, my son and his wife both cycle to work and when you pass a school there is a very big area and it is full of bikes. at the railway stations you done see a car park you see an inside and an outside bike park and they are well used...
  16. frederick

Clifton Road School Sparkbrook

No school uniform but they all look well turnd out for the photo.
  17. frederick

Clifton Road School Sparkbrook

I was there in 1951 but i think they were all in a year or two above me, we must have all run around in the same play ground.
  18. frederick

Embassy Roller Rink Walford Road

Re: Memories of the Embassy Roller Rink Hi Barbara Howells, Michael Poole of the Midland roller skating team that was and is on the Birmingham forum now, wants to have a chat with you and as asked me to get in contact with you as he doesn't know how to do these things yet. Fred
  19. frederick

Fisher & Ludlows factory

Hi Janet, You will probably know that in 1968 there were 11,000 people working at Fishers and long before i left in 1979 the work force was down to 5,000 quite a reduction in man power, i often think that were i live now 11,000 is far greater than the population of our town.
  20. frederick

Graham Webb

Graham, Will you be there to see him at the Olympic games.
Back