• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. bobbyb

Found these in the Guardian. (might be interesting)

https://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2010/nov/03/archive-buses-break-a-speed-barrier-1959 https://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2010/nov/03/british-pathe-archive-m1-motorway-video second does not relate to Buses, just thought it might be of interest as well.
  2. bobbyb

Irregular Passenger Trains over obscure routes

Found this web site https://www.psul4all.free-online.co.uk/intro.htm, I found it quite interesting, I was drawn to it by a piece I was reading about parliamentary trains, especially the one that stops at Bordesley Station, that got my interest, does anybody know what a parliamentary train is, I...
  3. bobbyb

Lookinf for two Great Aunts

I have come to a dead end on this, I am looking for my two Great Aunts they are Ellen Bradley born 1875 and in the 1891 Census, living at 173,Unett Street, Hockley, aged 15 and was a Gold Chain Solderer after that nothing. The other is Lizzie Bradley, born 11/10/1879, 256,Park Road,All...
  4. bobbyb

Walkathon

Reading mail it seems that BRMB are resurrecting the Walkathon around the Outer Circle route :D:grinsmile::thumbsup:
  5. bobbyb

Old Brum

Does anybody know if the Central Library, or any where else, has any pictures of the old houses that were demolished in the clearances, especially around All Saints, Aston and close to City Centre. Im interested in the Courts, not Law Courts.
  6. bobbyb

Kingshurst Hall circa 1960's

On a visit to my Sister in Darlington, I noticed that she had a Picture of Kingshurst Hall on her wall and as there are very few pictures around I would like to share it with the Forum and make it available. had trouble attaching it but it seems to be available now
  7. bobbyb

Fox and Goose Washwood Heath

My earliest memory was catching a Tram from the Fox and Goose to city centre with my mother. My next is the Baggott Island watching the Trams turn around on the Island as it had a turn table in the middle, Im not sure if its still there as all they seemed to do was fill it in or so it seemed.
  8. bobbyb

Welding

In my previous thread on old addresses I should of mentioned that it Edward Welding I was interested in. I have the Marriage Cert for Edward and my 2xGreat Uncles Daughter Francis Mary Bradley, His farther was George Welding, Cycle Maker and Frannies has her father deceased, I have his death...
Back