• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

Toyah Wilcox

Yes she was in I'm a Celebrity Get Me out of Here. When she was in it she was slated for looking old and past it back here in the UK. She came back from that, saw herself on tape, went off to France and had a face lift and wrote a book on it! She was deeply affected by comments about how she looked.
  2. L

Miss Sweetheart Dolls Jewellery Quarter

I've been trying to research a 7" small doll named Miss Sweetheart. She was sold as a set of 16 dolls and each doll had a different 'personality title' like Miss Wimbledon, Miss Ice Queen, Miss Bride, etc. and were sold in a box with a silver lining. I have recently received information that may...
  3. L

Toyah Wilcox

She is a bit more 'cabaret' than she was, not so much of a punk now. It's a mystery was of course the big hit but also Thunder in the Mountains, Brave New World, Be Proud Be Loud Be Heard and lots more. She also did a lot of acting alongside her music and started out at Birmingham Rep. I'm going...
  4. L

Rag Market

We were all punks in our youth and the Rag Market was a mecca for second hand and unusual clothes. I think we all bought 'grandad macs' from there. It was so dark and dingy but exciting. Oasis too was just so great in it's day...it was a maze of brilliant little shops with a goth hanging out...
  5. L

Toyah Wilcox

It really gets me that nobody ever remembers Toyah as a famous Brummie. She was huge in her day (and still working today). All over Europe she has lots of fans and she still lives in Pershore, close to her roots. I think she deservies a star on Brum's walk of fame. Afterall she was the original...
Back