• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

Clifton Road Aston

Hi , I think the first picture is where my moms 2 sister lived. Violet and Lily Bullock. They married 2 Scotch brothers Roddy and Tommy Preston. The entry leads to the courtyard where they lived. The photo was taken just down from Eagle pub.
  2. M

gothic terrace clifton road

Upper Thomas School was the one I went to. I was only in area till I was 6. There was quite a few other. Schools in area. Upper Thomas school was in sreet at end of Clifton Road where Gothic Terrace was.. where do you live now
  3. M

Hi Malcome I spoke to my elder sister yesterday.. she said each side of houses had 2 outside toilets. She also told. me we had an air aid shelter at bottom of garden,Also at the bottom of our garden was a shared brew house. The entrance to it was from outside our garden. She also said there were...
  4. M

Hi Malcome I was born there at 16 in 1942.My mother was Jessie Morris ,maiden name Bullock. My fathers name was Reginald like myself I had a older sister Violet and younger brother Billy. My moms brother Joe Bullock and his wife Madge and 2 Children Tony and Frankie, lived I think at number10...
  5. M

Sorry Malcome have had no replies to photos
  6. M

BULLOCK FAMILY ASTON YEWTREE Road

Hi Adele , I sent the information you sent me on bullock family to my cousin in Australia.He has replied to say he can see links in our family's, but it as shown up a few faults on his charts. He was wondering if he could e mail you to talk about some details. He was really interested in the...
  7. M

BULLOCK FAMILY ASTON YEWTREE Road

Hi Adele could you send me this certificate regards Reg morris
  8. M

The No.14 bus

I think ns14 was night service no longer used
  9. M

New unseen photos of brum

Great to see photo of west end ballroom. I used to go there.thanks reg morris
  10. M

Help find Tom merideths army records

Not sure of dates will let you know if I find any more info.many thanks for looking reg
  11. M

Sorry meridith, I put it down wrong. I have changed name on original post. Thanks for looking reg
  12. M

I have been trying to find my uncles army records his name is Thomas meridiith he was in parachutes regiment he was a captain in regiment. I tried myself but cannot find it. Could any one help please
  13. M

Birmingham and the Great Exhibition of 1851.

Hi Wendy I cannot scan photos but I will ask my son in law to do it next time I see him regards reg
  14. M

Birmingham and the Great Exhibition of 1851.

I have got some old railway tickets for a trip to crystal palace from Birmingham in 1856.the trip was for the grand order of oddfellows
  15. M

Old flats on Washwood Heath Rd 1980's

Hi bob , pubs closed also cross guns, barley mow, the rock. Swan, pelham, broadway the bull stechford. Village tavern gate all the best r morris
  16. M

Old flats on Washwood Heath Rd 1980's

Saltley armature garners is still going,just about surviving.many clubs in area have closed including ward end social,high field road ,which as been taken over by Asians for functions. Also the leyland club on alum rock road as been demolished.most pubs have shut down in the area, the brook hill...
  17. M

The Garrison Pub

I don't know why it was turned down I'm only going what I was told. I do not know either why they did not use the pub for filming. Regards reg morris
  18. M

The Garrison Pub

I visited the new peaky blinders in digbeth,and while their i approached member of staff to ask why they had not tried to buy or rent the garrison pub.the garrison pub in garrison lane is mentioned in peaky blinders show on tv , it is also mentioned in gangs of birmingham stories. They said they...
  19. M

Edwards family

In Wright road there is a small road called Nigel road ,in it where a family of edwards. Children where John , Janet, there was another girl but I cannot remember her name it was around 1950-1960.they might be related to your family ,perhaps you could look in census records Regards reg morris
  20. M

High Street, Saltley

Fishing shop was chapmans they still deal on website reg morris
Back