• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Balsall Heath.

Cheers Phil - you're a real star.
  2. C

Balsall Heath.

I think the name was 'Colemans'. It was before the Triangle, probably near Woolies, but that's the best I can do!
  3. C

Balsall Heath.

Hi Phil. These photo's are not showing up, and I am particularly interested in those of Gooch Street where my Mom and I used to queue regularly at the butchers, (there were always rumours of ration bargains that created huge queues). Any chance of recovering them? Cheers!
  4. C

Balsall Heath.

I actually lived at No 9 Cheddar Rd, opposite the prefabs on the edge of Calthorpe Park. Born in 1943. My Mom told me there were no windows in the house when they first moved in, so I presume that would be due to the bomb blast. Also, the factory had been reduced to rubble by the time I was old...
  5. C

Balsall Heath.

That's really good of you. Thanks a lot.
  6. C

Balsall Heath.

What a shame. There are some v sad people about. Thanks for the swift reply though.
  7. C

Balsall Heath.

I lived at No 9 from 1943 to 1960. Pam was a good friend and playmate who lived at No 11.
  8. C

Balsall Heath.

9. C

Balsall Heath.

It's great to read about the old days in Balsall Heath! However, I can't access the majority of photos - they show up as, 'Photo not found' and 'CLICK for Photos', which doesn't work for me. Any ideas anybody? Has the site been hacked?
  10. C

Kingsway Picture House Kings Heath

Just some background bumf. My Aunt Hetty Mason was manageress at the Kingsway in the 1950's, and also occasionally at Kings Norton, when I was a young lad. Needless to say, we took advantage of quite a few complimentary tickets! I have very fond memories of those times.
  11. C

Balsall Heath.

Not sure if you still check your post on this site, but Pam Bate was a good pal of mine , together with a lad called Raymond Clare. We all lived in Cheddar Rd in the 40's & 50's, and were all about the same age - born in the early 1940's. The last time I saw Pam was in 1960, just after I had...
Back