• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. E

JAFFRAY Hospital ???

Hi Colin If you go to the following link to The London Gazette you will find an extract that confirms that John Skinner Ltd was voluntarily wound up on 12th June 1909. https://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/28262/pages/4800/page.pdf I hope this helps Ernie
  2. E

Zipfell Martin

Re: Martin Zipfell Martin ZIPFELL I too have Martin ZIPFELL & Ann SPRASON in my tree. My G.Grandfather’s sister, Minnie Gertrude EDWARDS, married Albert LANE who was the grandson of William YATES & Mary Ann ZIPFELL. I also have details of an Ann ZIPFELL who was most probably another child of...
  3. E

Almshouses

Does anyone know if Lench's Almshouses in Steelhouse Lane were the same as Glovers Almshouses also of Steelhouse Lane in the 1890's? Ernie
  4. E

sayings

We lived in Havelock Rd and our garden backed onto the Gilly Gardens. My dad had an allotment there and since he had been refused permission to put a gate in the fence at the bottom of the garden (to save him walking round to the entrance in Livingstone Rd) he cut a hatch in the fence and...
  5. E

Birchfield Secondary Modern School

This building was referred to as “The Coronation Block” during my time there (1956 – 58) and it had a wonderful view of the abattoir!!!
Back