• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. grandaughter82

West Minster Primary School Handsworth how do I search for a teacher

Hi! How do I go about looking for a teacher that worked in a Junior school my friend attended from 1989 to 1992. Westminster primary school. Stamford Road B20 3PN I doubt very much the teacher Mr Jones is still there (we dont know first name) but I will give the school a call regardless. Any...
  2. grandaughter82

Canning & Co & Electroplating

Just about to have read through this topic as I was given this today from my aunt about her dad.
  3. grandaughter82

High Street Aston

Thank you so much everyone this is brilliant.
  4. grandaughter82

Deciphering Handwriting

Oh wow brilliant. Thank you all. He spent the majority of his life in the royal marines as a sergeant by 1920 when he died it states he was working as a labourer in a factory living in Aston at 130 High Street which I think there was a factory near by.
  5. grandaughter82

Deciphering Handwriting

Hi everyone! I was very excited to receive this today any idea what my great grandad died of in the 1920s? I cant read a single word
  6. grandaughter82

High Street Aston

Just found out on my Great Grandads death certificate that he died in 130 High Street I always come on this forum straight away to read through all the posts about the roads I research to get a feel for them. Love this forum.
  7. grandaughter82

Another handwriting help please :)

sorry im so rubbish at this emily jane sauders henry sauders henry sauders 1st and 2nd marriage certificates of emily jane marriages it looks to me as though its sauders my uncle who was researching in 1980s says sanders but im rubbish and reading this writing so thought i...
  8. grandaughter82

handwriting help please :) :)

thankyou alberta i stumbled across this too on ancestry but on the birth certificate that i have the son thomas is down as william thomas webb born 1849. so im confused and i cant find anything out there with william thomas. so im wondering if they just put thomas instead of the william?
  9. grandaughter82

thankyou so glad i asked i was going to mark it down as barrett thankyou so much :)
  10. grandaughter82

hi, any suggestions on the maiden name and the Coventry area - well i think its a Coventry area they have wrote. writing back then grrrr lol thankyou xx
  11. grandaughter82

Do i need to pay for records from st edwards home? (father hudson homes)

hi, just had a baby so on maternity leave whilst baby is sleeping I've started picking up from where i left off with my family tree which gets more and more interesting!! :peaceful::encouragement: its hard because on my dads side of family my nan and grandad kept everything very secret which i...
  12. grandaughter82

Warstone Lane Cemetery

Hi, ive just read the whole of this interesting thread and have enjoyed lookin at the past and present photos of the cemetery. My great great nan is buried here catacomb 6 in1954. is there a specific reason as to why? Or is it just classed as a normal grave. Its a shame they have to be sealed up...
  13. grandaughter82

nursery rd/villa st

mikegee this is the certificate i found with the lime place address. is this the same place as the 9 court 2 villa street you found on the electrol roll as you mentioned you couldnt find lime place on the electrol roll? :)
  14. grandaughter82

nursery rd/villa st

This is great thankyou so much. So keen to learn more about the road and see photos. Roads and houses on villa street seemed very confusing lol. Were the houses very small ? Many bedrooms? If I went to the library would I get to see photos of what they looked like on the inside?
  15. grandaughter82

nursery rd/villa st

hi! love these pics. thanks for sharing them :) my great great grandad william steeles lived on villa street in 1910 so it was nice to look at the pics to see what it looked like. i noticed it says 9 LIME PLACE VILLA STREET. If anyone knows i would love to know what the 9 lime place means how...
  16. grandaughter82

9 lime place villa street 1910

thankyou will take a look many thanks :)
  17. grandaughter82

18 highcroft road

Thankyou for the advice. i think i will start by following the lead from lodge road see where that takes me. :) its very sad how relatives who were in these places were looked on in shame :( for something like depression but like you say it simply wasnt understood back then. will keep everyone...
  18. grandaughter82

18 highcroft road

Thankyou have inboxed you
  19. grandaughter82

18 highcroft road

ah cremation thankyou! :) will get onto that one. i think the reason why that didnt pop into my mind was because the rest of my family are buried no cremations. interesting will look into that one. Is there a reason why highcroft would suggest that? my nan and grandad have kept this close to...
  20. grandaughter82

9 lime place villa street 1910

are there any photos of this road please? ive googled but im not finding anything. would love to see and get a feel for what the road/houses. :)
Back