• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. maggieuk

Lozells Girls School

Hiya Topsy .I thought i was the only one who remembered singing at the town hall lol x Beresford I remember Miss Cage ..she was a dragon ..it was because of her i used to wag school ..she was our maths teacher
  2. maggieuk

White Rabbits

Oh eck my dad was a welshman and he always used to get me to say that on the 1st of March ..still do now
  3. maggieuk

Songs Of Birmingham

The C.D of the theatre production of Wallop Mrs Cox has all Birmingham songs ..
  4. maggieuk

Bhf christmas meet 2012

Thanks everyone see you soon xx
  5. maggieuk

Bhf christmas meet 2012

Yes Thanks Jean . all ok now ,rattling a bit with the tabs:rolleyes:but much much better xx
  6. maggieuk

Bhf christmas meet 2012

Looking forward to seeing everyone again ,and the new people I haven't met yet:fat:
  7. maggieuk

Slums

Haven't been on the forum for some time now ,just popped in tonight ..I was born in a back to back "slum" house in Hockley ..as Col said ... Didn't feel like an overcrowded damp cold slum to me, just felt like home. I am so glad that I spent my first years in one of these "slums"
  8. maggieuk

Springhill Ice rink Summerhill Road

Brilliant pics Mohawk can't believe it's been closed that long
  9. maggieuk

cherry orchard playing fields..

Thanks Mike didn't think of that
  10. maggieuk

Hiya Mike No I am deffo logged in I can see Viv's pics but not the others .Help someone cos I really want to see these lol
  11. maggieuk

Ohh eck I can't see any of the pics
  12. maggieuk

Soho Road Handsworth

Brilliant pic Topsy Thanks
  13. maggieuk

Birmingham Accident Hospital

Brilliant pic ..Thanks Trev
  14. maggieuk

Pubs Of The Past

Phil thanks for the pic of the Beeches Northfield ..
  15. maggieuk

Things kids say.

Have posted this on Facebook ..my 3 year old grandson spelt electric to me ..I was so proud ...then he spelt sleep ZZZZ..i was even more proud ..LOL
  16. maggieuk

Soho Hill

Brilliant Topsy Just how I remember it ..But have to say thanks for putting it on as it is now ..Can't believe we allowed this to happen....
  17. maggieuk

Soho Hill

Oh Topsy thanks for the pic ..so sad though..can't believe it's the same place . I spent many happy Saturday mornings there ..looking at your pic makes it seem like another world
  18. maggieuk

Soho Hill

Think it was The Monte Carlo Big Gee
  19. maggieuk

Soho Hill

My Uncle used to go to the Polish club every week ..think its long gone now
Back