• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

Charles Reeves

Hi Has anyone researched or connected to: Charles Reeves and Elizabeth Ann Reeves, living at Ivy House Farm, Millpools Hill, Alcester Road, King’s Heath, Birmingham in the 1800s and later. There was a son Isaac and daughter Elizabeth Ann,Issaac Reeves who married into the Newcombe/Mortimer...
  2. C

Limberlost Club in Handsworth

Hi does anyone remember this club around 1940s? I am told my grand father Fred Reeves worked there after retiring from the Lucas factory. His full name was Thomas Alfred Reeves but known as Fred, he died in 1950 so it was around 1940s. Any information would be lovely. chrisy
  3. C

Brown E E & Co

Hi I am looking for any information on EE Brown & Co as per the photo link below https://blackcountryhistory.org/collections/getrecord/GB146_PHS_2367/ Would love to find any relatives of Mr Ernest Edwin Brown who owned the above garage back then, he was my grandfather. chrisy
  4. C

Smith Annie Charlotte

Hi Trying to find my grand mothers family, she was Annie Charlotte Smith born in 1890 in Birmingham. She had a sister Lillian Elizabeth Smith born in 1888, Lillian married Oliver Claridge. Annie married Thomas Alfred Reeves. Annie and Lillians parents were Benjamin Smith and Elizabeth...
  5. C

Reeves Ernest

Hi everyone, Looking for the daughters of Ernest Reeves. I havent got dates in front of me, but Ernest Reeves was born in the late 1800s, he was the son of Thomas Reeves and Matilda (nee Dawe). He had a brother Charles, another brother Alexander (Fred) and a sister Elsie. They were either...
  6. C

Reeves relatives

:cry: Thanks for everyone that gave me this information, but please please someone out there must be related to the following people. 1881 census 67 Clark(e) Street, Ladywood Alexander Reeves, head, 40, Wire Drawer, b. Worcs. Kings Heath. Matilda Reeves, wife, 36, b. Worcester. Thomas A...
  7. C

Reeves family Birmingham

Hi there must be lots of Reeves about in Birmingham but I am not having much luck in finding them. If anyone has information about Thomas Reeves and Matilda Reeves (nee Dawe) they had 12 children who all lived. We have them as coming form either Kings Norton or Kings Heath in worcestershire...
  8. C

Reeves family Kings Norton

I am trying to find a possible connection between a Thomas Reeves born 1781 in Kings Norton and an Enoch Reeves married at St. Martins church in 1780 to a Mary Thorn. All my Reeves family were called Thomas down the line, and I am hoping to find a connection ie. that Enoch was an uncle to my...
  9. C

St. Martins Church Birmingham

Does anyone have any information about the marriage of Thomas Reeves who married Sarah Jane Taylor: 1817 - 20 Jan Age: 36 Marriage to Sarah Jane Taylor St Martin's Church, Birmingham, Warwick, England Thomas was born 1781 Birth Warwickshire, England I would be so greatful if anyone...
Back