• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. C

Reeves family Birmingham

Hi Pom, I hope you are still on here its been a long time since my original post. I think I have found a connection between Jessie Sharratt and the Hallards and Reeves. It is possible that Jessie Sharratt could be a cousin to Herbert Hallard, and Matilda Reeves nee Hallard. I just found a...
  2. C

Charles Reeves

Hi Has anyone researched or connected to: Charles Reeves and Elizabeth Ann Reeves, living at Ivy House Farm, Millpools Hill, Alcester Road, King’s Heath, Birmingham in the 1800s and later. There was a son Isaac and daughter Elizabeth Ann,Issaac Reeves who married into the Newcombe/Mortimer...
  3. C

Farm Street Hockley

Hi does anyone remember Matilda and Thomas Reeves who lived in Farm Street in 1911, they were both 48 with children Thomas, Ernest, Charles and Elsie May. They were my mothers grandparents, Thomas jnr was known as Fred and was my grand father. Chrisy
  4. C

Limberlost Club in Handsworth

Hi Shortie thank you for that information. My Uncle said that grand dad ran it but it must have been in the 1940s, he remarried and his wife was Lily Beatrice Shaw, I don't know anything about her but wonder if she worked there too. chrisy
  5. C

Lucas Great King Street memories

I found this that my Uncle sent me regarding his father Thomas Alfred Reeves but known as Fred Reeves born 1889 - "he was just a hard working man, went to Lucas's in their early years, had several different tags whilst there, Toolmaker, Toolsetter Storeman, and from what I remember from my own...
  6. C

Limberlost Club in Handsworth

Hi does anyone remember this club around 1940s? I am told my grand father Fred Reeves worked there after retiring from the Lucas factory. His full name was Thomas Alfred Reeves but known as Fred, he died in 1950 so it was around 1940s. Any information would be lovely. chrisy
  7. C

Reeves family Birmingham

Hi Judy My cousin and I believe that Eliza Hallard who was Robert Claridge (from Croome) housekeeper, had an illegitimate child by him. We know he is Herbert E Hallard, however on the same record reference (which I can't access) there is also a Herbert E Claridge. - CLARIDGE Herbert Edward...
  8. C

Reeves family Birmingham

I had a copy of the certificate but now cant find it, we dont seem to be able to find a birth certificate, we know she was a Matilda Dawe and she married Thomas Reeves in 1887, on a census it says she was Dawe when single as well from Bridgewater. On her daughter Elsies christening certificate...
  9. C

Reeves family Birmingham

Hi Sue, I cant find any Barry or Stanleys, we seem to have a lot of Thomas and Alexanders.
  10. C

Reeves family Birmingham

thank you Lloyd bit of a typo error on my part!
  11. C

Reeves family Birmingham

Hello everyone, it has been some time since I tried to trace my Reeves family, and now have been bitten by the bug again! I am really stumped Thomas Alexander Reeves Balsall Heath b 25.02.1864 married Matilda Dawe b 19.10.1863 Bridgwater married 05.12.1987 I am assuming that as one of the...
  12. C

Brown E E & Co

Hi I am looking for any information on EE Brown & Co as per the photo link below https://blackcountryhistory.org/collections/getrecord/GB146_PHS_2367/ Would love to find any relatives of Mr Ernest Edwin Brown who owned the above garage back then, he was my grandfather. chrisy
  13. C

Parsons Mary (polly)/nee Ford/Thomas Ford-Hannah Cox

Hi Everyone Have any of you got a John Thomas Ford who married Fanny Reeves and lived in a pub in Old Church Road, Smethwick showing on the 1911 census. I am looking for Fannies mother Matilda Reeves nee Dawe. Fanny and John had a daughter Hilda who was 2 in 1911. Would love any information...
  14. C

Smith Annie Charlotte

Re: Annie Charlotte Smith Thank you so much. If any relatives out there would love to hear from you. chrisy
  15. C

Smith Annie Charlotte

Hi Trying to find my grand mothers family, she was Annie Charlotte Smith born in 1890 in Birmingham. She had a sister Lillian Elizabeth Smith born in 1888, Lillian married Oliver Claridge. Annie married Thomas Alfred Reeves. Annie and Lillians parents were Benjamin Smith and Elizabeth...
  16. C

Reeves Ernest

Hi everyone, Looking for the daughters of Ernest Reeves. I havent got dates in front of me, but Ernest Reeves was born in the late 1800s, he was the son of Thomas Reeves and Matilda (nee Dawe). He had a brother Charles, another brother Alexander (Fred) and a sister Elsie. They were either...
  17. C

Lucas Great King Street memories

Hi everyone This is a big long shot. Does anyone remember my family working at the Lucas factory. This was in Birmingham so not sure which one, but it was a big building and I think they pulled it down over 15 years ago? I was with mum in Birmingham and she looked at it and said with a...
  18. C

Reeves relatives

:cry: Thanks for everyone that gave me this information, but please please someone out there must be related to the following people. 1881 census 67 Clark(e) Street, Ladywood Alexander Reeves, head, 40, Wire Drawer, b. Worcs. Kings Heath. Matilda Reeves, wife, 36, b. Worcester. Thomas A...
  19. C

Reeves family Birmingham

Thanks for the help. So do you mean that Trevor and Ann were Reeves or step children? Will try and find them. chrisy
  20. C

Reeves family Birmingham

Thanks guys - well it was late :( when I posted it Ok can anyone find out for me, I would be so grateful what happened to him after the 1911 as we cant find a death for him. I note that there is a big age gap between him and his siblings, I wonder if it was possible that one of the...
Back