• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

Help wanted please.

Can anyone tell me how i can find out where i would of been christened in 1953 my mom and dad lived in trevor st nechells .. thank you pam x my name pamela rose floyd.born november 1953 ....x
  2. P

Birmingham City Police 1839 - 1974

can any one remember Harry Rhodes he was a sergant at erdington, and my friends father,...
  3. P

Atkinsons Brewery

Maurice, thank you pam x
  4. P

Atkinsons Brewery

I Remember some time ago a aunty telling my sister Irene that the Floyd family had some thing to do with Atkinsons brewery , we havent been able to find any thing up to now. pam x
  5. P

Early Cricket Clubs

Can you repost the photo as my daughter is Club Secretary of Aston Unity and has access to lots of old photos.
  6. P

Warstone Lane Cemetery

wendy couldnt we start some sort of fund to get railings round warston lane ? as irene as said we have spent time tidying up, and we dont mind ,we would love to take down those self seeded trees if we could, pam x
  7. P

were would a still born be buried,

Thank you Rosie, but we wouldnt of found our sister or brother with out the help of the forum members , pam x
  8. P

just want to say thank you for every one on the forum who helped us regarding our brother who was still born on 10th oct 1954, we have today found out he is at lodge hill cemetery, any one looking for someone dont give up, the forum members are fantastic ,pam x
  9. P

Hi zooie, have you had any luck with finding your sister? we now have a still born cert for our brother his birthday would of been the 10th oct 1954, queen elizebeth hospital is on the cert, and mom and dad at the time lived in trevour street nechells, we have a lot to thank the forum for as we...
  10. P

H.P Sauce Birmingham

astonian, im friends with cliff crutchley who worked at Hp at the time as did his father and grandfather all were blacksmiths, i will ask him about it as i do remember him telling the ladies at the home i worked at a few years ago the story, i will let you know,
  11. P

Where did you live

born in 1953 at my auntys house in twickenham rd kingstanding, [ my aunty still lives there ] trevor st, nechells, kingshurst way, kingshurst, inkerman st, vauxhall then got married in 1970, fredrick rd erdington , withy grove, kingshurst, rowden drive, lyndhurst estate, now slade lane, roughley,
  12. P

My dad

Lyn, my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time , pam xx
  13. P

Slade Lane Roughley

Hello Helen, Thank you for your post regarding slade lane, the farm house is still as your photo, the farm is now owned by jan and hughie willetts, [ lovely family ] hughie was born also in the farm house i should think in the 50s, the farm is no longer a farm as such, but now sell all sorts...
  14. P

Warstone Lane Cemetery

Hello Rosie, like you we have been wondering if there is a edge were reene is resting, Brian as been fantastic with all the help he as given us from when we found out reene was at warston lane, mind you if it had not been for brian and other folk on the forum we would never of found where reene...
  15. P

help again please, .....

we have been to warston lane cemeterie today to visit our sister reenes resting place,we was wondering if there would of been any edgeing stones to mark out the grave if so we would love to find them to make it nice not only for reene but the others in the grave, and do some thing with the...
  16. P

Shenley Fields

can any one remember a ronald pitts, who was in shenley fields in 1968 i knew him, but often wonder what happend to him. pam x
  17. P

Thank you eric

Eric as done some fantastic paintings also for me, and made some people very happy, i also would like to say a big thank you x
  18. P

LAGOE Amy (help once again please).

can any one please help my sister and my self, were trying to find chirldren of our aunty amy, we know she had a child round about 1959 / 1960 her maden name was Lagoe, she was married but got divorced from a david rickus, no auntys or uncles are still alive to ask, it doing the family tree...
  19. P

Pams cottage

thank you eric, the painting looks lovely, cant wait to hang it on the wall. pam x
  20. P

police station,........

thank you , all for the messages i have sent a email to the jewerly quarter , i will ring steel house lane now , many thanks pam x
Back