• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

A B row Aston-Birmingham

Re: AB Row hi phil, if you look at the site where the pub is marked,go two buildings down towards duke st , you will see an opening,thats the park.it is the leftside of venns junk shop no 62 .phil i think where the wallis on your tram pic is the pub site,it was alll ways a bomb site to us terry
  2. T

Old street pics..

hi brumgum. thats a great picture,the cafe was on gosta green the houses were in woodcock st. the passage in between lead to the holt brewery stables the building back of the lorry was part of the brewery. terry
  3. T

Courtyards and yards of brum

aston lad ,thank you for the pictures , we had good times threr when we were kids, terry
  4. T

Courtyards and yards of brum

hi ya aston lad, the two pictures are of lawrence st gosta green, terry
  5. T

Gaskell and Chambers

hy, i remember gaskell & chambers very well in the 1950,s they had big display windows in colesill st oppersite the picture house, they used to display wooden feathered birds of many diffrent colours that dipped there heads in a glass of water which caused them to move all the time. as if they...
  6. T

Proud of my daughter.

hi ya bazz, i have just read your letter , and wish carol all the best for doing so well,i hope she goes on to do even better to make you more proud .all the best to you both ,terry
  7. T

Scout Jamboree Sutton park

hi stars,thank you for your reply, i can see the picture,but i am having a problem opening attached thumb nails, i am not sure how to open them, i may be doing the wrong thing . again thank you for your reply terry
  8. T

Scout Jamboree Sutton park

help needed , how to see attached thumbnails, i can not open them terry
  9. T

The stags head briearly st

hi ya liz , he was known by all as binky barnes, he was my grand dad, my mother was his eldest daughter, she has just passed away at the age of 97, her funeral is at witton on 8/3/11at 11 am as a family we had some great times at the stag & great friends, miss them all, best wishes terry
  10. T

I received some sad news today....

Very sorry for your sad loss
  11. T

Duke of York , Aston road

Hi dave, i hope this pic helps terry - DUKE OF YORK DUKE ST GOSTA GREEN
  12. T

Duke of York , Aston road

hi dARKIE49, THE DUKE IN DUKE ST WAS THE DUKE OF YORK BETTER NOWN AS BENNIE GREENS & THE PUB ON GOSTA GREEN WAS THE WARWICK CASTLE, IT WAS BETWEEN DUKE ST & SHEEP ST , I HOPE THIS HELPS TERRY
  13. T

Red lion Duke Street

hi carolynn, the red lion was between lawrence st & colesill st, it was known as balows,by the locals i think it got its name from a previous owner,it was still there in1958 i hope this helps you terry
  14. T

A B row Aston-Birmingham

pic of a b row, terry Edit. Replacement image, may vary from original.
  15. T

Junction Inn - 123 Wheeler Street

hi lynn thanks for you reply, its listed in the 1941 kellys dir terry
  16. T

Junction Inn - 123 Wheeler Street

hi lynn, 123 wheeler st is on the corner of grt king st ,its listed as dining rooms, i hope this helps you lynn , terry
  17. T

horse drawn engine

hi lynn, the picture i believe is of lingard st fire station, NECHELLS i have another pic , terry
  18. T

Birmingham Trams

hi ya ,mike, lynn, moss, thanks for all the pictures, they are great, its not only the trams but the locations thanks again terry
  19. T

Gosta Green Through Duddeston

a pic of kryle hall
  20. T

Gosta Green Through Duddeston

hi dec, i used kryle hall i the late 50,s -60,s it had all you needed ,boxing snooker,table tennis,gim,films,showers open roof area for ball games,and much more,i used to go there for my school dinners, its a great shame it closed down, it realy did keep the kids off the streets , terry
Back