• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

Birmingham Factory Football Teams

paul where are you on that photo of delta metals jh
  2. J

Schools in Aston and Witton 1911 - 1922

the school that my family went to was station road that was later called yew tree road but i'm sure i had afriend who lived in nelson road that was late forties early fifties j h
  3. J

Bracebridge Street

we had relatives that lived in bracebridge street but the name was macormick not macormack in the 1960's
  4. J

Birmingham boxers?

i worked and played football with tommy jennings at the morris over 43 years ago he was a handfull has footballer so he must have been has a boxer jh
  5. J

Birmingham Amateur Football Teams

hello paul nice to hear of you sorry have no pics but alot of great memories ithink peter hadland has couple i will ask next time i see him good to hear from you regards jh
  6. J

Birmingham Amateur Football Teams

paul did you play for the travellers aston in the early 60 s ?
  7. J

Brummie sayings & language

mekk haste or hurry up
  8. J

Stretton Road Aston

patty i was with janet and val walker last friday at a wedding of thier niece and they both are very well i am sure that janet would be pleased to hear from you if you would like me to get amessage to her let me know sorry to tell you freddy past away last year jh
  9. J

Who do you remember?

pete number 6 mick gibbs we were at school together birchfield road sorry to tell you mick died about 2months ago iwas at his funeral and so was ken martin along with a lot of the midland group members johnharris bye fornow
  10. J

Aston Villa Groundsmen 1932ish

i was brought up in and around aston infact holte road in 40,s and 5o,s iwent school in what was then called station road later to beyew tree road school iplayed football for the school and one of my team mates was alad named kieth callagun who i,m sure his father was groundsman then called...
  11. J

Park Street Pubs and Hotels and historic buildings

the pheonix park street was a pub my friends and i used in late 50.S EARLY 60/S A FUN PUB THAT HAD A TRIO THAT PLAYED FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY CALLED ALAN KING TRIO AND A LANDLORD NAMED REG WHO LOVED YOU TO ENJOY YOURSELFS WE HAD WHAT WAS CALLED TRAMPS NIGHTS WHEN EVERYBODY DRESSED HAS TRAMPS...
  12. J

Birmingham Schools Football History / & photos

jean i dont think that is ken next to pete it could the elderly lookimg one on the row behind first left jharris
  13. J

jean class photo on but team picture to big but will try again latter pete is fourth from left front row jharris
  14. J

Here is a team photo and school photo. The team photo is from Birchfield road 57/58. The school photo is birhchfield a couple of years later
  15. J

jean just looked at post 26 and cannot see ken on there but could be wrong jharris
  16. J

jean you asked earlier was ken martin in the school football team .the answer is no to be honest i cannot remember him ever kicking a ball even in akick around but imay be wrong jhaaris
  17. J

jean re yew tree road football team are you sure that the photo of a football looks like a sports team of some sort can ,T see our frankie on there but he may of played the wag that day j harris
  18. J

jean you have surprised me about ron marrying helel shapiro i spoke to him last year after putting that article of the football team in the sunday mercury he lives inportsmouth now ihave is phone number somewhere jharris
  19. J

jean the full team were tony davis david dearne macdonald barry fenwick alan latham jharris ronthurston bob iverson colin withers colin holder martin lane teacher harry davenhill jean ron thurston lived in holte road all the players from yew tree road made up the team five of us something to...
  20. J

jean nice to hear from you pete was in my class so he can tell you i would not have the brains tobe able to put these photos on i have one with him on it jharris
Back