• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. B

Redex

Hi All....Forget the Redex I used to put a few shots of Castrol R oil in the petrol.....result a beautiful aroma of racing cars...actually it smelt just like the speedway bikes at Perry Barr
  2. B

Lincoln Street Motors

I think my wife went to school with the owners daughter her name was Rosalind Falkenstein
  3. B

Worst car of the 1960's

A long time replying but I think the next line on the Renault Dauphine Ad was "The built in heater couldn`t be neater........The Renault Dauphine. Ah......and...see how she holds the road,simply to get the attention dum dum dum dum The Renault Dauphine
  4. B

Salford Park Aston cycling

Hi Folks...I am trying to research a bit of my cycling history from around 1961 to 1966.Does anyone remember the THORNHILL CYCLING CLUB we used to meet at a church hall on the Pershore Rd. Edgebaston Old names Peter Pitt,BarryEagles , Brian "Badger" Lee.Some of our guys raced at Salford Track...
  5. B

Opposite Lock Club

In 1966 I worked at Pauline Mayman`s the sports car and accessory shop in Broad St. I rememember a guy with a beard coming in to show us plans for a club he wanted to locate in an old building in Gas St. We thought he was mad...he wasn`t of course...He also bought us the motor race around the...
  6. B

W M Taylors of Erdington

RE:W M Taylors Is my memorry still up to it? Can I remember going to Taylors with my mother to collect (upstairs I think) cod liver oil and thick gooey orange juice. Aged 3 1952. I lived at No. 1 Oxford Road only a couple of minutes away. Does anyone remember the first supermarket ELMO ?
  7. B

Fairlanes bowling alley.

Bit late to reply but I bowled at Fairlanes Aston in the early sixties. Our team was The Tenpin Twisters...Barry Thomas, Nick Barratt,Clarissa Baron,and I think Nikki Nixon.I think the Autospares team were probably the oldest team in Brum started by I think Brian Brewer from Brewers Autospares...
  8. B

Birmingham Cinemas

Well who remembers the ABC minors on a Saturday morning??? Come on sing along.............WE ARE THE BOYS AND GIRLS WELL KNOWN AS MINORS OF THE ABC.....AND EVERY SATURDAY WE ALL LINE UP, TO SEE THE FILMS WE LOVE AND SHOUT ABOUT WITH GLEE....WE LOVE TO LAUGH AND HAVE A SING SONG,SUCH A HAPPY...
  9. B

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Hi Jennyann thanks for reply. I was born in Oxford Rd Erdington in 1949 and lived there till 1972, I cant remember El Toro do you remember any of the shops adjacent to it....thinking about it the Pop In may have not been opened until late 64...where did you live in Erdington??
  10. B

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

Help!!! Could I have seen Leonard Cohen at the Carlton Club Erdington around 1966? Carlton was in High St by the junction with York Rd above Dales?? Furniture shop....not quite a club does anyone remember Erdington`s first coffee bar...The Pop In also in York Road around 1964.
Back