• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Lower Tower Street

Hi Bernie, At the other end of Tower street you had infant and junior school St George’s C of E. The nearest senior school would have been Summer Lane.
  2. M

Annoying Pop up

Peed off with it
  3. M

Ghost signs of Birmingham

I wonder what they might find when excavations begin on this land as the first Aston Villa football ground was on this spot ( I think )
  4. M

New unseen photos with no locations

Isn’t that pub The Grosvenor Arms?
  5. M

brearley street newtown.

Thank you both, that's just what I was looking for.
  6. M

brearley street newtown.

Thanks Mike I found the map it is 270 I am looking for not 217. 270 is just on the map, I always thought Brearley street only ran between newtown row and Gt Hampton row are there any more properties to the west of 270?
  7. M

Brearley Street

Good morning mikejee, mike would it be possible to show me the location of 270 Brearley street please. as i am trying to find a picture of it for an ex Summer Lane schoolgirl.
  8. M

The Bosted Boot

Thanks for that, have you any idea why it was the Bosted Boot?
  9. M

The Bosted Boot

Hi all I haven't been on the forum lately and I have a question, has anyone heard of a pub in Aston nicknamed THE BOSTED BOOT ? I would guess it had this nickname in the 1940s and 50s.
  10. M

Prince of Wales Summer Lane

I think this must be a token for use in The Prince of Wales club that was a few doors away from The Vine in Summer Lane.
  11. M

Tower street

Good morning Tower street, I attended St George primary & intfant school from about 1951 to 1956 and remember Ron? Bache, Keith & David Ashley. I lived in Hospital street myself.
  12. M

Tower street

My great grandparents lived there in 1901 in 1911 they were living in Lennox street, their name was Green. mossg
  13. M

Tower street

Hi all, I hope you are all well. The 1901 census shows my great grandparents living at No2 court 7.
  14. M

Summer Lane School

Most pupils favourite teacher especially if you liked sport. Many years after i left school i was having a social drink with Mr Reece ( another sport lover ) he told me that in his opinion Mr Edwards was the best teacher he ever worked with.
  15. M

Tower street

What a small world, my great grandparents lived 2 back of 25 or was it no 2,court 25 Tower street in 1901.
  16. M

Bull Street

Not sure but could be DUNN & CO
  17. M

250 Newtown Row

Hi Bryan and welcome to the forum. As you may have seen our expert on all questions relating to address and dates Mikejee shows it opposite Miller street in the late 1800s this makes sense as there was a run of shops there when i was growing up in the late 1940s. Thanks again mossg.
  18. M

Summer Lane School

Hi John, you must be John who lived in Summer Lane behind Allen’s chip shop. You were good at sports and played in most of the teams. have you seen the school staff staff pictures on #65 on page 4. Great to hear from you,keep well and stay safe. Moss
  19. M

Frankfort street, Hockley

Hi Lost family. I remember Blackie Raven, he used to sell Perry Winks by the pint from his cart around the streets at weekends.
Back