• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. earlgary

Norman Leonard Massey, Is This A Business Address?

While researching my family tree I have found a reference to my uncle in the UK Midlands and Trade directories and wondered if the address given was a business address, and if so what kind of business. My uncles name was Norman Leonard Massey and the address given was 103 Osmaston Rd...
  2. earlgary

Harry Hill

Look up please for Harry Hill living in Castleford Rd Sparkhill.
  3. earlgary

Carpenter Family

Could you helpwith a death record please ? I am trying to find the year of death for Henry Carpenter born 1856 in Lapworth Warwickshire living in Balsall Heath on 1901 census, I believe he died sometime between 1901 and 1905 but I can't locate him.
  4. earlgary

Error 646

Having trouble downloading Windows updates keep getting error 646, I have googled this and there are lots of soft ware for me to download at a price I assume. Can anyone advise me on what the best course of action to take and what soft ware to download, please keep it simple.
  5. earlgary

Birmingham FC

Does anyone have any information on Birmingham City players around 1935/1936, I believe a Jack Sykes played for them some time around then. Can anyone confirm this?
  6. earlgary

49 Grosvenor St, Ladywood 1913

I believe my great grandmother ran a shop at 49 Grosvenor St, Ladywood is it possible to tell me what sort of shop it was? Any information would be appreciated her name was Charlotte Norman.
  7. earlgary

Hancocks Shop lookup

Can you help me once again? My grandmother and family ran a general store in Ladywood, Birmingham latter half of the 1920's or early 1930's. Their name was Hancocks the last address I have for them is 155 Sherborne Street this is from my mothers birth certificate 1917, I have no other address...
  8. earlgary

Harrison Barrow Grammar School Hartfield Crescent County School

Can anyone tell me what happend to the above school situated in Hartfield Crescent. I went to that school in the 1950's but have never come across anyone else who attended. I remember a few of the names Pat Allen and Ann Sawyer come to mind.
  9. earlgary

Brewers Arms Sparkbrook

Can anyone tell me if the Brewers Arms is still standing. My parents kept it in the 50's. It was on the corner of Stoney Lane and Highgate Rd.
  10. earlgary

Hancocks

Can anyone help me trace the year of my grandfathers death. He died in the early 1940's in a fire, which I always believed was at his place of work, which was Guest Keen and Nettlefolds in Selly Oak in Birmingham. His name was Herbert Hancocks at he lived in Reservoir Rd Selly Oak at the time...
Back