• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Shera

Could anyone repair this photo for me please?

This is me and some of my brothers and sisters. I am in my Brownie uniform (2nd from right). 1955
  2. Shera

Regina Drive, Perry Barr

I wonder if anyone knows what this house was or who would have lived there. Its right beside Perry Barr One Stop Shopping Centre on Regina Drive.
  3. Shera

Lodge Road, (the flat) Hockley

The black and white pic was taken about the 1950`s Took the other pic tonight (21 Nov 10). my moms families shop was where the ladders are against the wall but in the 1920`s and 1930`s. it was A & J Snape. Retail and wholesale grocers. i was pleased to see this bit of Lodge Rd still exists.
  4. Shera

Thankyou Eric

I am thrilled to bits today to be the owner of one of Erics (Cookies) original paintings. Eric came to visit me this morning and brought me this picture of Gas Street Basin. It is in a lovely frame but I cant take the photo in the frame because of the reflection. It was great to see Eric and...
  5. Shera

Lodge Rd Hockley (the Flat)

i have found some photos on flicker of this area. dont know whether theyve been posted before. my moms step father owned a grocery shop on "the flat" so she is very pleased to see the photos i think i will have to put them on one by one as im having difficulty. Moderators note. The following...
  6. Shera

For el-stano - Spiers

here is your grandads medal card as you requested . thomas childs spiers also have found a couple of addresses from the electoral rolls for him in 1920 he was living 51 george arthur rd. saltley in 1930 he was living 16 ludlow rd. saltley with emma spiers in 1935 - 1955 he was living...
  7. Shera

The Stags Head 13th Feb 2010

just got back and have had a great time. the stag was packed when i got there at 12.15pm so they were all early. lovely meeting everyone again and the raffle for the bham childrens hospital raised £85 which is great. :thumbsup::thumbsup: food was lovely and plenty for all. thanks to...
  8. Shera

winson green prison

i have a book listing the 40 people who were hanged at winson green prison. the last murder was of a thomas bates at his newsagents shop at 176 lee bank road, edgbaston in june, 1962. there is a picture of the shop in the book. i was surprised that the last hanging was as late as nov 1962. i...
  9. Shera

Charles Dickens In Birmingham

i have just read in the mail that charles dickens read "a christmas carol" in the town hall birmingham in dec 1853. i had no idea he came to birmingham. is it only me who never knew this :blush:
  10. Shera

chadwick or hadfield

this is a message for maggieuk who has asked me to look up florence hadfield or chadwick on the 1945 and 1950 electoral rolls. would like to thank maggie and tom who insisted on driving me all the way home after the key hill trip. they are brilliant :):) these are the ones ive found. hope...
  11. Shera

administrator account

can anyone help please? when attempting various changes in windows vista, a pop up appears asking for administrator password. administrator account has not been activated on purpose and no password allocated, how do I deactivate this account?
  12. Shera

kieron williamson

did anyone see the wonderful art work by kieron. he is just 6 yrs old. there are four pictures shown in the daily mirror today. unbelievable for a child so young :boohoo::boohoo:
  13. Shera

Howard Oliver Sutton

could anyone help me please to find howard oliver sutton after 1901. he was born in 1888 in bham and married rose walker in 1911. there are quite a few children which could be theirs (mmn walker).
  14. Shera

measles

im sad to see the increase in children suffering from measles again. when i was young virtually everyone caught measles and it was a nasty disease. i remember how ill i felt when i had it. my sister pat had a very bad reaction as her eyes were damaged. she still has to have thick lenses...
  15. Shera

A & J Snape

my mom was unofficially adopted just after birth in 1924 by her uncle alfred snape. alfred and his brother jerry snape ran a wholesale grocery business situated at the bottom of key hill, which was known as "the flats" hockley. does anyone remember the business a & j snape or remember alfred...
  16. Shera

Dudley Zoo

hello all when i was young our summer holidays were just a few days out. one day perhaps to weston super mare by coach, another to the botanical gardens and our favourite day out was dudley zoo. we always had to go on a wednesday as that was cheaper than any other day. we had a ride on the...
  17. Shera

witton cemetery

in the late 1940s my mom had a baby boy who sadly died aged 4 months. she was told she had to have him christened to be buried in consecrated ground. this upset her at the time because she thought what could a baby have done to have any sins, but anyway she asked me this morning if this still...
  18. Shera

sutton family

my great grandfather was named edward oliver sutton born abt 1858 in birmingham. i have him with his wife (mary ann sanders) and his first son oliver on the 1881 census. i have his marr cert and his death certificate but cannot find his birth (looked on fiche at bham lib) nor is he on 1861 and...
Back