• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

Lower Tower Street

Hello leonardjob I would like to ask if the Michael Crowe your Nan Married was the son of Michael Crowe that lived in 87 New Summer St, if so he would be my mothers uncle Jane Crowe my mom was born in ward street. Hope you not mind me asking pommie
  2. P

Lower Tower Street

3. P

Lower Tower Street

Hello padgo nice of you to get in touch with me, i never did see st nicholas in it's glory. my friends and i would go and play in st nicks we would get in trouble as my dad said it was to dangerous, that would have been about 1946 my dad told me it...
  4. P

Lower Tower Street

Hello lyn I did see the photos of geach but could not see my old house as it was up a entry ( 1 back of 27 ). good to see the old houses, also good to see Paddington st as i told you i lived number 37 Porchester st the back of our house came into Paddington st where...
  5. P

Lower Tower Street

Astoness hi lyn it's me again just to let you know a little bit more about ward st, hope some one might remember in middle of ward st on the left side there was a little grocerie shop owned by mr rose his shop was next to the wood yard. lyn it is the first time i have seen...
  6. P

Lower Tower Street

to Astoness hi lyn yes this is ward st i could have cryed when i saw the house i lived in number 6 right hand side of the court yard, we moved into that house 1943 from the wood yard as my parents was care- taker there, and Bob and Molly Wellace went in there we moved...
  7. P

Lower Tower Street

i hopeing this gets to 2dogs guest i lived in ward st and all of my ancestors. mrs hicks shop corner of lower tower st and ward st aston on the other corner is pub called the the malt shovel. i would go to mrs Hicks shop i went to every morning at 7-30...
  8. P

winson green prison

hello tiggy nice to hear from you as I said I new James Farrell he always came to our house with his mom we lived in ward st aston. my cousin said jimmy's mother was my grandmother sister but I cannot see this has my father always said...
  9. P

winson green prison

Hello tiggy I am new at to the forum like you and doing the family history. I went into birmingham history forum and found you. saying James Farrell was your uncle, I new Jimmy I put a letter in but I think I did it wrong I have a lot to tell you. Hope you...
Back