• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

congregational church . the parade 1938

Hi everyone, i am looking for any advice /info re the above. (listed in kellys directory) .. i am desperately trying to find out a bit more information - mainly - did this church organise adoptions ( probably!) but where would records of minutes of meetings etc be held. Obviously...
  2. D

Parsonage Or Elim Church In The Parade 1938

hi, I am trying to find a parsonge or Elim Church in the Parade, (newtown/ladywood)Birmingham, i have been led to believe it would have been very close to 71a the parade, the minister at the time could have been the Rev . Dr John Dyke who was minister of elim church in Graham street (...
  3. D

congregational church newtown

I am looking for any further information about the above church which was situated in "the parade", newtown 1938 , in particular i am trying to establish if church still exists, did they arrage adoptions? and where ( if any) records would be held. many thanks dianne
  4. D

Holy Trinity Church Camp Hil Lookups

Hi, does anyone have any records of marriages (1866) between Samuel Woodley and Maria Jones, all I know is they married 4th September 1866 "Bordesley" warwick England ( info from IGI) .. failing that can anyone give me names of churches for that area etc. many thanks Dianne :)
  5. D

72 High Street Deritend

Hi could anyone tell me what the name of the public house situated at 72 High St Deritend 1881 was? Many thanks Dianne
  6. D

Henry Sheppard

looking for any reference to above gentleman who is listed as a bricklayer/labourer in or around 1897
  7. D

Kingshurst High School for Girls

Anyone remember this school, Miss Allan was headmistress (with her dog Shandy) , Mrs Readman was Deputy Head, I attended between 1967 and 1971
  8. D

Canadian Records

Hi, Does anyone know where I can access Canadian Marriage and Death index's? Thanks to Alberta's help yesterday I have located my great great uncle who was a "middlemore" child sent to Canada in 1895 He appears on the 1901 census as a "domestic" for a land owner , however he does not...
  9. D

walsall FC

Hi everyone, Walsall football club- my 6 year old Grandson has just been invited to train with their " under 7's team" , he was "spotted" abt three weeks ago and parents were invited to bring him to the club, he is enjoying it despite his earlier reservations - as he is a "bluenose" - I cannot...
  10. D

Thomas George Dale.vyse Street 1932

Hi, Not sure if I got the right forum but here goes : I am looking for any info on a Thomas George Dale who had a shop in Vyse Street in 1932 (he committed suicide in shop apparently) :rolleyes: , just like to know if its in any trade directory. Thanks in anticipation Dianne (still nursing...
  11. D

George and Nellie Lowe, hardware shop /wheeler st/surrounding roads

Does anyone have any memories of a hardware shop situated in Wheeler street/surrounding area - it was owned by a George and Nellie Lowe, they later divorced but George went on to own a warehouse called Lowe's fancy goods (or similar) somewhere in Aston/newtown. George's warehouse was still...
  12. D

St. Martins parish records

Hi, I have an entry found on IGI :- John Shepperd DOB - 11.8.1809, Baptism 26.12.1809, Death 25.4.1810 - John was baptised at St Martins, would he have been buried at St Martins also, any advice would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Dianne
  13. D

Baptism look up please - ST Martins

Hi I am interested in two baptisms - William Sheppard baptism 27th Sept 1811 John Shepperd baptism 26th Dec 1809 I am interested in the mothers first name, abode address and any occupation for father or mother Many thanks Regards Dianne:):)
  14. D

Baptism look up please - ST Martins

Hi, I am interested in a baptism 31st January 1814 - Edward Sheppard, parents names Charles and Mary, I am trying to find Mary's maiden name. Thanks Dianne:)
  15. D

Germansilver stamper

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if I am in the right forum but here goes .. Does anyone know what a Journeyman for the above means? My Great Great Grandfather was a Journeyman with the above trade, does anyone know where I could find info about german silver manufacturers in Birmingham (presume...
Back