• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

congregational church . the parade 1938

Hi everyone, i am looking for any advice /info re the above. (listed in kellys directory) .. i am desperately trying to find out a bit more information - mainly - did this church organise adoptions ( probably!) but where would records of minutes of meetings etc be held. Obviously...
  2. D

Parsonage Or Elim Church In The Parade 1938

hi, I am trying to find a parsonge or Elim Church in the Parade, (newtown/ladywood)Birmingham, i have been led to believe it would have been very close to 71a the parade, the minister at the time could have been the Rev . Dr John Dyke who was minister of elim church in Graham street (...
  3. D

congregational church newtown

Hi derek, yes it is probably ladywood but as i do not know the area particularly well i assumed it was newtown !
  4. D

congregational church newtown

I am looking for any further information about the above church which was situated in "the parade", newtown 1938 , in particular i am trying to establish if church still exists, did they arrage adoptions? and where ( if any) records would be held. many thanks dianne
  5. D

Pinfold House Mansfield Road Yardley

in response to gordonbrown post... Pinfold house has not been purchased by a private developer, the adjoining out buildingshavePinfold house itself has been purchased by a private individual who is renovating it for use as a FAMILY HOME. many local people etc have taken an interest in...
  6. D

hi dwilly, not too sure what is exactly happening with the adjoinig land etc . will find out in nxt day or so ..
  7. D

for anyone interested in Pinfold house yardley ... I am hoping to set up a monthly update ( photographs etc of the interior and exterior ) of the renovation of this beautiful building and grounds ... watch this space !!!!!
  8. D

hi robert the new owner took possesion of pinfold house this weekend.... already changes are in progress.. it will be a beautiful family home when finished
  9. D

hi, Pinfold House has now been purchased by a private individual who is going to renovate it to its former glory ( and use it as his family home) ...
  10. D

Sheldon

I remember Chelmsley wood and Bluebell wood very well. when I was a youngster we lived in Tile Cross and I used to spend many happy hours exploring Bluebell wood , another favourite place was Babs Mill , when I was about 5 we moved to Kingshurst but we could still go and explore bluebell...
  11. D

Holy Trinity Church Camp Hil Lookups

Hi Steve, Thankyou so much for finding this out for me .. I am so grateful.. if I can return the favour at any time please let me know .. In the meantime I will IM you my e-mail address and once again ...Thankyou x
  12. D

72 High Street Deritend

That is a coincidence !! .. Samuel Woodley ( my interest) was Landlord on the 1881 census , on the 1891 census he no longer there but listed as "Beer Retailer" Dianne
  13. D

Holy Trinity Church Camp Hil Lookups

Hi, does anyone have any records of marriages (1866) between Samuel Woodley and Maria Jones, all I know is they married 4th September 1866 "Bordesley" warwick England ( info from IGI) .. failing that can anyone give me names of churches for that area etc. many thanks Dianne :)
  14. D

72 High Street Deritend

Thanks Mike for your time :).. at least I can add this info to my tree x
  15. D

72 High Street Deritend

Hi, I have found on the 1881 census my maternal great great grandfather was publican at the above address, I am curious to know what the name of the pub was ? if anyone can help please ! ( he was Samuel Woodley born 1839 ish! in Bristol) Regards Dianne
  16. D

72 High Street Deritend

Hi could anyone tell me what the name of the public house situated at 72 High St Deritend 1881 was? Many thanks Dianne
  17. D

Airbus A380 to visit Elmdon/ BHX

Hi all, I saw the 380 coming into land when I was driving out of Damson Parkway onto Coventry Road, I was suprised because normally flights from Dubai fly over Stechford/Kitts Green area , It was gigantic, but as I already told GG Jean on the Snug forum my friends son is a pilot for Thomson...
  18. D

Castle Bromwich Hall

Colin, I remember a lot of teens doing their "courting" in the grounds of Lady Bradfords ! :D;)
  19. D

Castle Bromwich Hall

Castle Bromwich hall was referred to as "Lady Bradfords" by the locals as far back as 1960's.. I know that the outbuidings (stables, dairies etc) were let out to various company's as offices in the early to mid 1980's , I still know it as Lady Bradfords .. there is a pub just a few hundred...
Back